𝟓𝟏.

William Byers

I slowly raise both of my brows, not expecting that of all things from Mike.

It's risky, but it'd take a lot of pressure off our backs and plus they're our best friends and we love them. At least, I do.

"You're... you're serious?" I ask Mike with a small grin, excitement pulsating around my body when he smiles with a nod. I lean back and look directly in his eyes, reaching my hands out to place them over his with a gentle squeeze.

"I would love to!..."

Even if the other don't accept us, then what? We have each other.

And I know it's scary, but I've also lately been thinking about talking to my family about it. Imagine how perfect it would be if me and Mike could just... be open about our relationship in the comfort of my home. That would be a dream.

El is my biggest fear. Not the coming out part since, of course, she already knows. I just don't want to hurt her considering that Mike is her ex-boyfriend. But at the same time, I know her and she's so freaking understanding that I don't even deserve it.

"Is it okay if I call more people over?... if we're gonna get this over with, it's better to just talk to everyone about it, right?"

"Of course, Will."

I get off the bed and pick up the phone hastily, looking at the number combinations and wondering who to call. Of course, Mom, dad, Jonathan but maybe others.

"It's dumb but... Mr Harrington?" I shrug with a sheepish smirk.

"Steve?? I mean..." Mike looks down. I can tell he really doesn't mind Steve knowing, but just finds it bizarre that he'd come to mind of all people.

In my defence, he's my favourite teacher (as well as Mr Clarke, of course) and basically my therapist. A therapist to Mike, Dustin, especially Dustin since they talk so much, and Lucas too which is so ironic since I've never had that sort of bond with a teacher before. Bottom line is, I want him to know because then I can be casual about it in the future.

That is, if he accepts Mike and I.

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" He asks.

I contemplate it a little further before looking to the ravenette with a slow nod.

When Mike blinks in agreement, I stare at the phone for a few seconds before rolling Steve's phone number combination, as well as others.

Michael Wheeler | 3:42pm

Everyone is in the living room. Will's family, my own and the party. I already told mom what I'm doing which is why she's standing behind me while I'm sitting on the couch, with her hands on my shoulders. I shift my gaze between Mrs Byers, Hopper and everyone else, gulping when I realise I'm going to be telling my biggest secret to all these people at the same time. My palms are sweating just thinking about it.

Steve isn't here yet, which is why nobody has spoken a word.

I glance over at Will who also looks nervous, and I blink at him, assuring him that everything will be okay even though I'm scared they won't be.