𝟏𝟑.

11:44pm
Will Byers

I know I have absolutely no right to feel this way, but I can't help but feel hurt. Feel hurt that despite El coming to visit me, she's now turned all her attention to Mike even though she isn't supposed to know he lives here in the first place.

I can't sleep.

Every time I close my eyes, I keep seeing Mike and El together in his bed just two metres behind me.

It's quiet. Too quiet. All I can hear are occasional small pecks and kisses and I hope with everything that all it means is that I dunno... El's asleep and Mike keeps comfortingly kissing her forehead and cheeks?

But my mind can't help but wander elsewhere.

El told me about her boyfriend before and mentioned that their love language is physical affirmation. I don't know how far she was going with that but I can't help but imagine what could potentially be happening in this very room because of it. I don't want to but my mind is forcing me to put that image in my head.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Yeah, you're totally just being dramatic.

Thanks for that. I reply ironically.

I want to look back just to make sure that nothing is going on but firstly, I might traumatise myself if what I'm thinking is true. Secondly, if I'm wrong, Mike might notice me staring and I'm not gonna lie I'd find myself creepy too if I were him.

Scratch that first point. That stuff doesn't traumatise me anymore.

. . .
12:22pm

"The female and male genital areas have a few things in common. One of the things being that they both grow larger in size when aroused." Mr Stone explains as I tiredly rest my cheek against my palm, staring into the classroom aimlessly.

Another sleepless night.

I could've sworn I was only thinking for an hour or so, but then the daylight starts to reveal itself which totally catches me off guard. I look at my clock and gasp softly before getting up and rushing to the bathroom. I have my first lesson in half an hour.

When I feel someone's eyes on me, I turn around and catch myself by surprise when Mike is looking at me. Our eyes lock for a second before I decide to break the contact and casually ascend my gaze to the clock on the wall behind him as if I were checking the time.

Why is he looking at me like I'm a piece of meat?

He's not. Look, I get it, you really want your feelings for Mike to be mutual and... despite planning on avoiding him, you keep fantasising that maybe he does feel the same??? Doesn't really make sense but that's not the point. You need to get your shit together, Will, if you wanna move on.

Move on...

Move on...

Those words keep echoing in my head.

"Will?" I hear someone say and flinch away from my thoughts before turning my attention to the teacher. "God, are you deaf? I called you three times."