𝟐𝟓.

Jim Hopper - 20:34pm

I knock on the Walsh residence's front door, being met with Mr Walsh opening up.

"Would you mind if I ask you some questions?" I ask, holding out my badge.

He nods slowly and I walk inside, talking a seat with him at the living room.

"We're just going to take a look around, if that's alright with you." Powell informs him before Callahan follows him up the stairs.

When I turn to Mr Walsh, I notice a glint of worry flashing through his eyes as the two sheriffs walk off.

"Is there something wrong?" I furrow my brows.

"No, no. Nothing."

"Okay- well as I said, I'd just like to ask you a series of questions, to help understand the situation more." I tell him.

"If you're asking me questions anyway, why are your friends searching my home?" He asks, and I can sense a change of tone.

God- I do not have the energy for this.

"We are just taking precautions. Y'know- incase you're lying."

"Why would I be lying?"

"I'm not saying you're lying, we just have to make sure you're completely innoce—"

"Innocent?!" He jumps up from his seat. "What- so you think I murdered my own child?"

I sigh.

"No, we now know that it was a suicide. But for someone to commit suicide, there must've been reasons for it-"

"And I'm the reason for it?" He chuckles disbelievingly.

"Well- maybe." I shrug.

"Okay that's just absurd! How dare you suggest such a th-"

"Chief! We found something!" Powell interrupts the suspect, entering the living room with three ziplock bags and a book in hand. I arch my brows and get up, taking the items from his hand.

"Both of you- watch him." I say before leaving the house and getting into my car. I turn the key in the ignition and start to drive to the police station after the engine starts.

. . .

Ecstasy. Unprescribed vicodin. Cocaine.

Of course he had drugs at his house. How else would Troy get access to them? I mean- unless he dealt with them in the past, but that's highly unlikely. Now it's clear that Mr Walsh buys drugs, possibly meaning that he gets high very often. Maybe that's what affected Troy.

'Dearest Man Journal' Written on the front of the book that Powell gave me.

Okay, so it's probably like a diary.

I flick through the pages in search of his most recent entry, 24th December - the night before his body was found.

10:55pm'