𝟑𝟓.

Will Byers | 2:28pm

El is having a girl's day out with Max and Angela, Dustin accompanied his mom at this podiatrist appointment, Jonathan is probably hanging out with some random Californian dude that moved here recently and Lucas is studying last minute since he forgot to do so this whole break, and has to catch up on homework.

I completed all my work and packed everything that needs to be packed, meaning I have absolutely nothing to do.

Well- there is Mike, though.

I consider that for a moment, quickly shaking off the thought. He's probably still tired.

I really miss him, though... I guess I just hope that we can hangout soon because we hadn't hung out since...

I blush to the thought of it.

New Years.

But then again, by the way he greeted me yesterday, it's kinda made me feel uneasy. Does he regret kissing me that night?? Maybe he did just feel bad for me, who so obviously crushed on him for four months straight. I told myself that before, so why not tell myself that again?

I sit up from my bed with a huff, then faint hammering and indistinct chatter is heard outside in the distance. I look out of my window and nothing is to be seen - which doesn't make any sense because I can tell what direction the sound is coming from, but nothing comes to sight.

It's probably just the new neighbours building new furniture outback.

I shrug with a sigh and sit down on my bed, looking around my room in search for something to do.

Aha! A comic... that I have read at least 6 times by now...

Jesus, I need to go to the library.

Mike Wheeler

"Mike, the actual nail, not the plank!" Nancy scolds me, and I roll my eyes at her for like- the 2000th time today.

Yeah, I suck at hammering. What about it?

She practically snatches the hammer from my hand and positions herself in a way so that she can firmly and comfortably hammer the nail inside. I till my head in attempt to understand how Nancy's even doing this.

I always knew that she worked well with tools, but one thing I'll never know is how she even ended up gaining that talent. All this time, I thought she was a priss, to be completely honest.

"How can you not see the nail? The nail is grey and the wood is brown!" My sister hands me the hammer, "it's simple. Unless... you're colour blind?"

"Jesus- Nancy, I'm not colourblind. And even if I was, I would still be able to differentiate two different colours." I state matter of factly and shoot her a dirty glance. She returns it and I turn my attention to the last wooden plank left before the new Castle Byers exterior is complete.

I take a deep breath and hold the remaining plank against the blank spot, not wanting to mess this up. If I do, it'll be hours of hard work all gone to waste - the last plank is always the most important to perfect, otherwise it'll look out of place. I don't want that. I need it to look perfect for Will.