𝟑𝟎.

Mon. 30th December 1985 | 1:32pm
Maxine Mayfield

I'd like to think that the air between me and El is cleared, which is why we plan on hanging out at Starcourt today.

It's what I wanted all this time, for her to break up with Mike, but I'm still not happy. I just feel like I can't see myself comfortable with kissing her anymore, but I don't know why... maybe I lost feelings. I don't want to, though. The break up was probably so hard - she had to explain everything without outing herself all for me and now I'm being ungrateful.

It's all because of fucking Lucas.

Ever since I met him, it'd been harder for me to focus on El only. But now he's all I ever think about in my free time - especially after the almost-kiss last night...

I can't get back together with El. I'll only break her heart because I know that the way my heart beats when Lucas comes too close isn't normal. Of course, I'm not entirely sure what to think about it but it's just not fair on El to date her despite all of this, even if I still like her.

"Mooom??" I call out, entering the living room in search for my mother. "I need some money to go..." I find her laying down on the couch sound asleep. "Out."

I lift a brow and walk closer towards her, picking up a small bottle that's resting on the coffee table.

Anti-depressants.

I stopped taking those a while ago because I didn't really think that they helped with my issues.

So why does mom have them?

I place the pills back down on the table and sigh shakily.

This was bound to happen. Why am I even surprised?

I lean down and plant a kiss on her forehead before exiting the living room and making my way upstairs to her bedroom to take some money - I know that mom wouldn't mind.

. . .
2:36pm

I sit on a wooden bench awaiting El's arrival, watching as countless laughs and chatter surpasses me. Deep in thought, I get caught off guard and flinch visibly when someone's arms hug me from behind.

"El!" I let out a sharp breath, getting up and making my way around the bench to hug her properly.

"Hey Max." She giggles, and my smile widens. My gaze soon turns to the direction of the same blonde I saw the other night trailing behind her.

"Hi." I wave awkwardly and offer a smile, she does the same. "I'm Max." I take her hand that's fidgeting on her side and shake it assuringly, not wanting her to feel uncomfortable around me, even if I don't know who she is.

"I'm... Angela." She replies and I nod, silence starting to talk and quickly becoming obnoxious.

"Well-" El interrupts the quiet. "Where should we go first?"

"Oh- erm... well the boys aren't meeting with us until the movie, at like- eight o'clock. So we practically have time to do anything. I guess it doesn't really matter." I shrug, turning to Angela for her opinion, but she doesn't say anything.

"Okay- well..." I briefly search around the mall. "I need to get new clothes so... we could go to the gap first?"

"Sure."

. . .
Will Byers | 8:06pm

After meeting up with El, Max and this girl El introduced us to, we snuck into the movie theatre with Mr Harrington's help.

I rummage my way through different seats and settle into one next to Mike. El and Angela are beside me, meanwhile Lucas, Max and Dustin sit next to Mike.

This is awkward.

It shouldn't be. Sure, I have an embarrassingly big fat crush on him, but he's still my friend.

It definitely relates to Troy. I can't help but think that if Mike and I never became friends and I just kinda stayed with Dustin, he would be there for Troy and he wouldn't be rotting inside of an acacia coffin instead.

"Hey." A voice awakens me from my dark thoughts, and I turn to look at Mike. "You okay?"

He asks me, looking completely and utterly ethereal with the way that the bright lights from the movie flash against his face.

How could someone be so perfect...?

"Yeah." I nod, not being able to hold myself back for gawking at his features. His cheekbones. His jawline. His eyes. His li—

"You sure?"

"Of course." I gulp down, and he nods his head.

"Okay." We continue to watch the movie and munch on skittles in silence.

"Excuse me-" The blonde girl gets up and tries to scurry past us. I lift a brow and watch her as she leaves the theatre, confused as to why she's in such a hurry.

Angela Carter

I push my way through a bathroom stall and lean over the toilet seat, retching immediately but nothing comes out for a while. When it does, I throw up consistently for a few seconds, the splatter of my vomit against the toilet water disgusting me further.

There goes the popcorn...

Food just doesn't taste good anymore. I used to force it out of my body, but now it just goes on its own. Like, I took one look at El and Max's soft pretzels earlier and felt like throwing up on the spot.

I don't know what is wrong with me.

Well- I do, but I don't know why I am being targeted. Why can't I just eat like a normal human being?

"Bleh..." I wipe off the excess acid on my lips and flush the toilet before getting up and approaching the sink to wash my mouth. I ascend my gaze to the mirror and frown at the sight of myself.

I hate myself.

I sigh and exit before making my way back to the theatre, skimming my way past people and meeting a brunet's gaze. He looks worried.

Oh no... did I make it obvious?

"Hi, Will." I casually say in attempt to cover up my behaviour before hurrying past him and sitting beside El.

"Are you alright, Angie?" El asks me and I nod, trying my hardest not to look at her. If I do, lying will become much more difficult.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

To Be Continued...

a.n.
IM SORRYYY THIS IS SO LATE

this week was pretty busy and I had lots of homowork, so it's likely I'll be inconsistent for a while, but I'll still try my hardest to update especially on weekends.

Also I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, this chapter wasn't proof-read very well.

<3