𝟒𝟐.

Fri. 14th February, 1986 | 13:14pm
Will Byers

I am so fucked.

I know. I don't like cursing but I really can't hold myself back right now- even though it's happening in my mind but that's not the point! I'm 15 minutes away from meeting up with Mike in Castle Byers, the den that I smashed to bits with a baseball bat a few months back.

Gosh- there's a great chance that he's already there and he's seen all of the destruction.

I just keep asking myself the same question.

What will he think?

Does.

Will.

Does.

No, seriously, this is really really bad. What will he think? What does he think?

There's a lump in my throat that I can't seem to swallow down. I hoped maybe it would go away if I downed it with the help of the food Jonathan made earlier when I arrived home- but conveniently, that didn't work.

I don't know why it matters anyway. Whether I calm down or not, fact is that I still have to face Mike and I still have to face him questioning my reasoning for doing this.

Goddamn it, Michael... of all places.

I glance up at the clock in my room and slightly shudder. It has already been 10 minutes.

God... how long do I end up overthinking for?

What am I saying- I'm not overthinking at all! For the first time in my life I'm worrying over something that actually makes sense to be worried about.

The one time I have a valentine...

And I'll probably scare him away.

I sigh and get up, embracing the fact that it's time to head towards Castle Byers.

As I leave the house and adjust my coat, I continue to think of my explanation when he asks me "why did you do this?"

Well,

My whole life, let's say things weren't amazing. Me and my family weren't always rich. Mom used to be a grocery store cashier, Jonathan was just a kid who tried to help me throughout my childhood and well, dad...

God, I don't even want to talk about him.

Long story short, he ruined things for me and took away my opportunities to do things that I actually enjoy doing. He taught me that drawing was a feminine thing to do and that I should try out sport instead like baseball, hence the baseball bat...

And only recently, not long before I got enrolled to the boy's school, is when dad was finally rid of our lives and mom became an attorney- after saving up enough and taking college courses for qualifications, of course.

She's always been a good person to turn to for judgement.

She always tries to understand everyone's points of view even if it's difficult, which is what makes her such an understanding and kind person.