𝟑𝟗.

Will Byers - 19:52pm

I attentively observe Mike with admittedly some confusion as he reads through the essay that he practically wrote for me. I love reading but actually writing was never really on my strong suit, which is why I'm grateful that I have someone willing to help me out. I have to try not to make it a habit, though, cause how else am I actually gonna learn?

"Okay... all good!" Mike announces, bringing a grin to my lips. "What do you wanna do now?" He asks and I shrug.

"Eh... I don't know. I was gonna continue the painting but I guess I'll just do that tomorrow." I hope Angela likes it — I really do. I want her to feel as if she actually belongs to the party because I've noticed how shy and possibly uncomfortable she is around us- except El. But I suppose I can't talk either- I've been told many times about how socially awkward I can be when meeting new people, so I get what it must be like for her.

"Uh, well..." The ravenette starts, taking a few seconds to view his watch that matches with mine - something we bought ourselves much earlier on in our friendship. I remember how flustered I got when he leaned close to me and helped adjust the watch on my wrist for the first time.

"We can watch a movie? Then we should probably sleep after since it's a school night."

I scoff and furrow my brows, "since when do you sleep at a mature time?"

He scoffs back at me, "um- as a matter of fact, I care a lot about my sleep schedule."

Pfff- that's just a big fat lie. Not even long ago, probably last week, I woke up at like 2am since I was thirsty and caught him reading a comic with a flashlight and mug of chocolate milk in hand.

"Right..." I state disbelievingly, and he rolls his eyes in obvious frustration.

I love it when he gets mad over absolutely nothing.

I smirk at Mike just to spite him and he opens his mouth to retaliate.

"Will- stop, I'm serious! I slept at like 11pm last night!"

"Still." I shrug, literally just trying to agitate him further.

I gasp in surprise when he pushes me down against the bed and digs his fingers into my stomach - I laugh uncontrollably, begging him to stop even when I don't want him to at the same time.

"Mike! Stop! That tickles!" I giggle and he stops shortly afterwards, looking into my eyes with an expression I can't particularly read.

"Don't mess with me." he 'threatens' and the room is shrouded with silence for a few seconds before a snort accidentally escapes from me.

"Okay." I agree, but the sarcasm is clear in my voice.

"Okay." He surrenders and my lips part in surprise when he pecks my cheek.

It's still so surreal to me.

Only in a dream would I ever imagine being able to say that Mike Wheeler is mine.

Mike Wheeler is mine.

How did this even end up happening? How did I get so lucky?

I stare at his face completely just lost in his features, getting deja vu from that day at the movie theatre. Except, now it doesn't feel so bad because I know he's falling this way too.

I hope.

"So... do you want to watch a movie?" Mike interrupts the silence.

"Yeah," I nod with a small smile.

Fri. 24th January 1986 | 12:06pm
Jane Hopper

Lesson started over five minutes ago, so why isn't Angela here yet? This is our first period together for today but I haven't seen her around the halls either during our passing periods. Though, to be fair, the likely hood of her being in her dorm is quite high considering that... she gets sick.

I can't be sure that that's the reason, though.

"Hey- Max," I lean closer to her desk and whisper to get her attention, "Have you seen Angela today?"

She smirks suggestively and I slump my shoulders down in annoyance - now really isn't the time to be joking around. I'm glad that Max knows about us, and I love being teased for it (something I'll never ever admit) but something could seriously be wrong. Angela is extremely punctual so no way would this just happen out of the blue.

"Um..." Max looks down at the ground in thought, "Maybe she forgot that we have lunch 6th period today??" She suggests and I shrug.

I mean- I suppose that's also possible. We always have lunch in 5th period so for the schedule to randomly change is sorta bound to confuse some students.

"If that's so, then she'll probably end up arriving in like another 10 m—"

"Ahem." Miss Parker interrupts, directing the clearing of her throat towards me.

Sorry. I roll my eyes internally.

I interlock my fingers together against the desk with a sigh, turning my attention to the lesson even when other things are circling in my mind. Luckily, I already studied for geography a few days prior just incase certain things would end up distracting me later on- like now.

With a small flinch, I ascend my gaze to the ceiling when what I assume is the principal tunes her mic.

Can Jane Eleanor Hopper and Maxine Mayfield report to my office, please?

She requests in a monotone.

We glance at each other, then to the teacher before slowly getting up and making our way down the halls and towards the headmistress' office.

I shift in my spot by the entrance and hesitantly knock before getting the attention of the woman sitting behind her desk. She has a phone in hand.

"Maxine. Jane. I have Angela Carter on the phone for you two."

Me and Max look at each other, furrowing our brows in confusion.

Why is she calling? Why not to our dorm instead?

To Be Continued...

a.n. IM SO BLOOMING SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS TOOK OMG

help me the wait wasn't even worthwhile since not much happens in this chapter. Small cliffhanger tho so that's that!

also wasnt proofread that well feel free to correct anything that doesn't make sense :)

how is everyone? <3