𝟑𝟑.

Wed. 1st January 1986 | 00:16am
Will Byers

I let go of Mike's hand as we approach the cheery crowd, Eleanor being the first familiar face that comes to sight.

"Hey, El." I greet her with a goofy grin.

"Where were you guys??" She asks us, and I look down in thought, reminding myself of the previous events.

I don't know what it is that made the moment so magical. Maybe it was the fact that fireworks started to explode in the dark sky above us just seconds after he pressed his lips against my own, as if that's the reason why they exploded in the first place, for us. Or maybe it was the way his eyes full of desire met mine after he released our lips before reconnecting them again, except that time with ever so much more passion.

He continued to kiss me a while longer, and I couldn't - no, I still can't - believe that was actually happening.

All of this is a dream come true.

I can't believe that the words 'Mike feels the same way for me' are validly allowed to leave my lips and I wouldn't be bluffing.

Definitely not doing that, though.

"GUYS!" El yells at Mike and I, probably having noticed our consistent idling. I flinch before meeting her eyes.

"We were just hanging out, okay? Will seemed upset." Mike speaks for me, and I blink at him as a thank you. She squints her eyes and looks at Mike's mouth in confusion.

Crap, crap, crap, no-

"Why is your tongue purple?"

Me and Michael exchange panicked glances before looking back at El. "No it's not." I defend, and she looks at me after with the same expression.

"Hold on... yours is too!"

I open my mouth to speak, but no words manage to formulate. This isn't going to end well...

"We both got grape slushies!" Mike retaliates, and I hastily nod in agreement.

"They have grape flavour?!" Dustin intervenes, Lucas and Max following behind. "Guys, we totally gotta buy some!" He tells the other two with his classic ear-to-ear grin plastered on his face.

Crap... they only sell blue raspberry, cherry and green apple.

"Uhhh you shouldn't! You're gonna totally regret it. It's blasphemous." Mike says and I nod pathetically.

"Y-yeah!- It's awful." I agree.

"Okay- first of all, grape slushies aren't blastphemous, they're literally one of the best flavours. And secondly, if it's so awful, why did you buy them??"

"We just wanted to try it again to make sure we hated it!" I manage to say.

They can't find out. If they do, everything will go wrong and it'll risk the chance of them knowing about whatever me and Mike are.

I should've known better to kiss him, knowing that blue and red make purple.

Stupid. So stupid.

"Hmmm okay. Well either way- that's your opinion and I happen to find it a delicacy. So if you don't mind me, I'm gonna buy myself a grape slushy. And there's no way of stopping me."

Well that's just perfect.

"Have fun, guys." Max tells us with a suggestive smile before following Lucas and Dustin, leaving El confused. I think-