𝟓.

Will Byers

I'm surprised that it's already Friday, considering how uneventful the week has been - maybe since Troy is in hospital and I didn't have to deal with him whatsoever. I suppose I did get quite close to Dustin Henderson and... strangely my English teacher too. He told me I could just call him Steve, but not to tell the staff since he might get fired for lack of professionalism. Like anything about this school is professional other than the uniform, but okay.

I sit down on my desk and pick up my phone, dialling El's number out of boredom since we haven't spoken in like two days.

"Hey, I missed you!" She says into the phone.

"Me too! Have you been settling in well? Oh! Did you meet your roommate??"

"No, because it's Max! I'm really happy that I didn't get someone I don't know."

I wanted to agree but that would be a white lie, seeing that I already knew Mike- not personally though.

"That's great! Is she there now?"

"No, she went home for the weekend. Why?"

"Oh, no reason! I was just wondering. Anyway so this week was reall-"

"Oop- I got a phone call. I'm sorry, it might be important. I'll call you back! Love you!" She hangs up before I can argue.

There goes my evening plans.

Eleanor Hopper

I quickly connect to the other line and wait for the opposing person to speak first, wondering who it is.

"Hey!" It's a male voice that I believe to recognise.

"Mike?" I smile. "Are you ready for our date? I'm dressed."

"Yeah um... that's the thing. I can't go on a date with you. I kinda got suspended from my school and then grounded and my dad said I could only be out of the house for an hour."

He admits and my face falls.

"So it's... off, then?" I ask.

"No, no! I was wondering if I could come over for a little. You live in a dorm at the all-girls school, right?"

"Yeah..." I say, my lips curving upwards to the idea of someone coming over for company.

"So, can I come?"

"Sure." I agree, trying to stay calm.

"Okay! So what number is your dorm?"

"411." I announce.

"In 20?"

"In 20!" I repeat and then hang up, not being able to contain my excitement anymore. I put the phone down and stuff my face into my pillow, letting out a squeal. Am I going have a boy over? No- a cute boy over?

Now that I know I'll be staying home, I may as well change into pyjamas since this dress is itching like a bitch.

...

I'm wearing a pink button-up silk top with matching shorts, not really knowing what to do while I wait.

Oh! I can paint my nails.