𝟒𝟕.

Jim Hopper

"Will, could you grab some cheese from the fridge, hon?" I ask him since we're currently making sauce for some sort of white pasta— Joyce remembers the name.

He nods and opens the refrigerator before handing me the bag of shredded cheese. I smile softly at him before cutting the tip open with a pair of scissors and pouring some in the white sauce mixture.

Suddenly, I hear the phone ringing in the living room and El skips towards it.

"I'll get it!" She says before answering the phone. I look at her attentively, wondering who she's talking to.

"Dad, it's for you."

I raise my brows before approaching her and taking the phone from her hand.

"Hello?"

"Chief, it's Cal. We have a situation."

"Phil? Can't you just quickly cover that?.. I'm kinda busy." I look down out the ground, referring to cooking with the family.

"Well— it's the Wheelers. I figured you'd wanna come and check the situation out."

The Wheelers?

"Uh... what's wrong?"

"It's Theodore. He uhhh... hit his wife and son. We have him cuffed."

My eyes widen in shock, and I can feel my heart rate increasing. Karen and Mike?

"I'll.. be right there." I hang up the phone and walk towards the front door before grabbing my coat. Joyce cocks a brow at me.

"Hop, where are you going?"

"I have to deal with something. Nancy, you should pick up your little sister and return here with her, and as for the rest, just continue cooking. I will be back."

I construct, getting nods from everyone, especially from a concerned Nancy. With that, I exit the residence and get into my car before turning the key into the ignition and rushing to Maple Street.

I can't believe this is happening.

I mean, I never particularly saw them as an affectionate family, but for something like this to occur?

God... I hope they're okay.

As I pull into the driveway, I lift my brows to the sight of two police cars near the entrance and Callahan waiting for me outside of the residence.

I get out the car and slam the door behind me before approaching Phil hurriedly. "Is everyone okay??"

"Yeah. Yeah, I mean now they are I guess. Powell says that he's gonna be arrested... but that'll mean we need a whole new mayor, huh? It complicates things."

I scan my surroundings and furrow my brows when Ted Wheeler is in one the police cars.

I've never even liked him.

I'm glad that everyone in the house is safe now, but I wish I was the one that got the satisfaction of cuffing him.

"I mean... we'd just have to inform Robert Orr and he'll deal with it." I sigh and walk into the house, frowning when I see Karen and Mike sat down on the sofa with blankets around them, as well as a younger ravenette.