Chapter 16

Natalie and I carried the bag and dropped it on the boat.

"Ben taught me a couple of things about driving boats so it might come in handy now." She said as she started the engine of the boat. I walked over and sat down on the edge.

"This is not how I wanted to spend my Saturday," I said as I watched the land move further and further away from us.

"Same here sis," Natalie said as she sat down.

"Where exactly are we supposed to dump it?" Mia asked.

"He said as far away from land as possible." I looked over at her. She nodded.

----

Forty minutes later we decided that we were far enough. We looked over into the water. It was pretty deep.

"Okay, let's get this over with," Mia said quickly. Natalie nodded. I just kept looking over into the water. They dragged the bag over to where I was standing.

"What if this person had a life," Mia said out of the blue.

"Now is not the time to get sympathetic." I grabbed the other end of the bag.

"On three," I said to Natalie.

"One." We picked it up.

"Two." Then started swinging it so we could throw it a further distance away from the boat.

"Three." We threw the bag out in the ocean. We watched as the bag sank into the water.
"I'm sure this is just the beginning of what is yet to come," Natalie said.

"We shouldn't have done it," Mia said.

"Come on, let's go back," I said to them. They nodded, and Mia walked back over to the wheel. I rested my head against Natalie's shoulder.

"You don't regret it do you?" She whispered over to me. I stayed silent.

"You like the way he treats you. The fact that he's a Mafia leader. If you hadn't done it then you wouldn't have met him." She leaned away to look at me.

"Adelina I don't want you to get hurt. He's a really bad guy." She looked me in my eyes begging. I just nodded and rested my back on her again. She sighed knowing that her speech didn't impact me or changed my mind. After Mia took us back to the shore I jumped off the boat and the others were going back around to the car when the man called out for me.

"Boss said I must give this to you." He handed a piece of paper over to me. When I looked back up to ask what it was he was already on his way inside. I opened the folded piece of paper. Another address was written on it.

"Adelina come on," Natalie called out for me. I folded the paper and stuffed it in my pants pocket and walked back to the car.

"What did he want?" Mia asked as she drove out of the parking lot.

"He just wanted to know if we did the job or not." I lied to them. They seemed to have believed me as they went about their own conversation. I pulled out my phone when it vibrated and another message popped up.
'Hope to see you tonight' It read for the same unknown phone number known as Alessandro.

---

I walked up the stairs going into my apartment. Sighing I threw my shoes off going up the stairs. I knocked on Mason's door and there was no answer. I slowly opened it and he was asleep in his bed. I quietly walked over to him. I feel like I haven't seen him lately. I bent down and kissed his forehead. He slightly moved but was still asleep. I got a notification from my phone. I pulled it out as I was walking out of Mason's room. I slowly closed it and looked down at my phone.

'Missing your touch.' It read. I rolled my eyes at it. I thought about going to the address that Alessandro sent me but I wasn't sure. But now after seeing his text message I probably should go just to see what he wants. It could be important like back-breaking.

I went into my closet grabbing a white long sleeve crop top and a tight white skirt. I pulled on some shoes and went downstairs. I took out a note writing to Mason that I went out and will be back. I stuck it in the fridge and walked out of the house.

I walked past a sleeping Hubert and walked towards my car. I pulled out the piece of paper and got into the car trying to put the Gps on my phone. The thing is the address was in the middle of nowhere and my phone wasn't connecting to it. I sighed. My phone rang. The location was loading up on my phone before it should be where I must go. I turned on my car and drove out of the parking lot.

---

After driving for a couple of minutes I realized that the GPS was carrying me to lonely roads. Soon all I saw were trees all around me. I didn't like the feeling this was giving me I watched enough Lifetime movies to know where this was going but I decided to act as the main character that's supposed to be the dumb bitch and continue to drive to a Mafia leader's location that they gave to some random man to give you.

The worst part was it was probably in the middle of nowhere where no one can hear you scream or see you. Perfect place to kill someone. What if we did the job wrong? Maybe he is going to kill me. My thoughts started racing and I didn't realize my GPS carried me up a black gate. I saw a guard come around and he had a gun in his hand. He knocked on the window. I hesitantly wind the window down.

"Name?" He asked.

"Adelina," I said softly.

"Last name?" He asked in annoyance.

"Adelina Madden," I said to him. He nodded and walked over to his little room or whatever. He looked at something and then came back pointing the gun at me.

"Who are you and who do you work for?" He yelled at me. I raised my hands in the air.

"My name is Adelina Madden and I work for no one. Literally, I have no job." I quickly said to him,

"Why are you here?" He pushed the gun into the car so it touched my head.

"I was told to come here," I said.

"By who?" By God.

"By Alessandro," I screamed at him. He dropped his gun.

"You could have just said that you were one of his sluts." He said as he walked over to the gate and pressed something to open the gate.

I just sat there with my mouth open. One of his sluts? I closed my mouth and tried to keep the anger inside as I drove inside.