Chapter 23

I taped the last box in the living room and motioned for one of Alesandro's men to take it. It was two days after I had a breakdown. Mason was at school and the apartment was empty.

"Are you ready?" Alessandro asked as I felt his hands wrap around my waist. I turned around to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and nodded. 

"I have some work to finish up when we get back home but after that, I could cook us the best pasta." He said I stared into my eyes. I stayed silent with a smile on my lips.

"What? Do you not like pasta?" He asked worriedly.

"No, no. You just make it sound like we're a family." I said with a smile. He chuckled.

"One day princess." He said before he kissed my temple.

"I'll be waiting for you downstairs." He walked out of the apartment. 

I sighed and looked around. It was empty, with no furniture but the unmovable ones. There wasn't much memory in this house but I was sure I was going to miss it. I turned around and walked out of the apartment happy that my life is actually coming together. 

I walked down the stairs walking past Hubert who tried to get my attention but I kept walking. He had a bloody wrap around his head covering his eyes. I went over to the sports car parked in front of the door and got in. 

Alessandro was on the phone with someone when I got in, he drove off with the phone against his ears. He spoke in Italian, I tried to make out a few words but couldn't.

"Avevo uomini di stanza e di servizio e mi stai dicendo che il mio carico è stato fatto saltare in aria?"

"E come cazzo è successo?"

"Siamo spiacenti, non è possibile recuperare la mia spedizione."

"Voglio tutti i record di chi è entrato e uscito dal molo e la sorveglianza della telecamera."

"La telecamera era cosa-" He stopped and took a deep breath.

"c'erano telecamere posizionate tutt'intorno e mi stai dicendo che ogni singola telecamera, tutta la notte, sette di loro erano fottutamente esplose!"

"Non voglio sentire le tue scuse. Verrò io stesso laggiù." He hung up the phone and slammed the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry princess but we're going to make a detour. I promise we will be back to pick up Mason." He turned the car around and sped down the road.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as I squeezed the seatbelt fearing for my life. He ignored my question and he had one hand rubbing his face while the other was on the wheel. I decided to just be quiet for once, sitting back in my seat as I looked out the window.

Twenty minutes later we drove into a shipping dock. We were surrounded by what seemed to be burned pieces of metal.

 He got out of the car and stormed over to a guy who hadn't known he was behind him. The guy he was talking to stopped and looked at Alessandro. They started speaking with each other, every word that came out of their mouth seemed as if it made Alessandro angrier. I looked away from the scene and looked over to where it seemed as if there was an explosion.

 Out of curiosity I got out of the car and slowly closed the door, I looked over to the guys who were still in a heated conversation.

 I walked over to the burnt pieces of metal. I kicked away scraps and walked over it but stopped. I looked back at it. 

There was a piece of material under it. I lifted it, taking the material in my hand. A picture was on the black fabric, a picture that looked way too familiar.

"HEY! What are you doing there." Someone called out to me. I quickly hid the material behind my back when the person came over to me with a gun evident in their hand.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" He asked, pointing the gun at my head.

"I was just looking around," I said to him, He looked at my hands stuffed behind my back.

"What do you have behind you?" He stepped closer to me. I stuffed the material in my pocket and lifted my hand. He didn't seem to be fooled, he started moving towards my back but I backed away from him.

"You come near me I will scream," I said to him but he ignored me and came closer. He grabbed my arm and turned me around, he pushed his hands against my ass.

I screamed out unintentionally when his hands went lower. Alessandro first came around the corner, his eyes meeting the guy who was still feeling my ass, obviously forgetting his goal to take the material.

"The fuck are you doing?" He shouted out in anger. The guy jumped and turned around to look at a seething Alessandro.

"B-boss she was snooping." He pointed the gun at me. 

"So you decided to feel her ass up." He shouted again. He marched towards grabbing the guy away from me and shoving him on the floor.

"You guys had one job but one time somebody who isn't a danger to you decided to play the superhero." He said as he brought the guy up to him. He grabbed his arm and twisted it in a position I never thought it would go into. 

The guy screamed out. Hearing his bone break I winced knowing of the pain he's going through. He grabbed the next arm and broke it. The guy fell to the ground screaming, tears streaming down his face.

"Tocca ciò che è mio e ti passerà un proiettile in testa." He said to him before stepping away.

'Touch what is mine and there will be a bullet through your head.' The guy nodded through the pain, tears evident in his eyes.

He walked over to me. His expression hardened.

He grabbed my waist and swiftly pulled me into him. I squealed out in surprise.

"I expected you to stay in the car and be the good girl you are but what am I to expect from you?"

"I was just-"

"Looking around? I've heard that excuse way too much. It's like you love to be punished." He whispered in my ear then walked off.