Chapter 39

"Maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want to bother you." I looked up at Natalie.

"I feel like the worst mother ever and everything is falling apart. Alessandro wont speak to me unless its nesscesary, I just found out he has a daughter, we havent had sex in almost a month. Then there's my son who I feel like is pushing me away." I groaned and fell back on the couch. I heard giggling coming from the kitchen. I sat up and looked at Mia who was staring at her phone. I rolled my eyes.

"At Least she's happy." Natalie laughed. I fell back onto the couch.

"So. I was umm wondering how you felt about me dating?" She asked. I looked over to her.

"Why are you asking me? Natalie, you're a grown adult. It's not like you're dating my son or anything." I said to her, She scrunched up her nose.

"Ew but no. I'm seeing someone." She slowly said. I looked over at her.

"That's great. Who is it?" I asked her. She looked away from me.

"Natalie?" I sat up.

"Who is it?" I asked her again. She mumbled out something under her breath.

"What?" I asked again. She whispered under her breath.

"I can't hear you."

"Gabriele." She shouted. I blinked back. Mia came walking over.

"Are you dating him?" Mia asked. I looked over at the wall in shock.

"Dont judge me. You're dating someone who just came out of prison." She rolled her eyes at Mia, then turned to me.

"Adelina. I came over to see you the other day. I walked in the house looking for you then Gabriele came out and said you weren't there, he asked if I wanted anything to drink so I said yes just to be nice. We ended up getting along real well." She shrugged. 

"I'm happy for you." I said with a smile. She squealed and ran to hug me.

"I love you so much." She said, I laughed.

"I love you too Nat." I rested my head on hers. She pulled away.

"One day you will find someone that makes you happy." She kissed me on the cheek. I smiled at her.

"Yeah, maybe Alessandro isn't the one." Mia sat down beside Natalie.

"Maybe." I looked down at my fingers.

"Have you talked to him about sabina?" Mia asked. I shaked my head.

"It was too much for me. So I left Mason with me and that's when we stayed in my room and talked for a whole hour." My phone buzzed beside me, so I picked it up.

"I have to go. Mason got out early today for their prom." I said as I stood up.

"Send pictures of my nephew and his bride to be." Mia said to me. I chuckled. I walked over to the door and opened it. Walking over to my car, I saw another car parked behind it. A man sat in the car staring right at me. He smiled at me with very polarity as he got out of the car. I smiled back and got in my car and drove off.

---

"How about some ice cream?" I asked Mason as I sat down on his bed. He ignored me and continued to look through his closet.

"Mom, have you seen my suit? I swear I hanged it in here." He said his face was stuffed in a pile of clothes. I shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe check your drawings." I suggested.

"So ice cream?" I asked again. He groaned. A knock on the door brought his attention.

"Come in." He shouted and continued to stuff his face in. Alessandro walked in the room, with a tuxedo in his hand. Sabina followed him hugging onto his foot. Alessandro looked at Mason then at me.