Chapter 30

I leaned on my car waiting for Mason outside his school. I played with my fingers when someone walked up to me. 

"Lovely day isn't it?" He asked. My eyes looked down at the black dress shoes. I slowly looked up , stopping at the badge on the waistband. Forcing a smile I looked up at the person. A man around my age looked at me with a smile plastered on his face. 

"Yeah it is?" I said nicely. He sighed and looked away.

"A very lovely day for some fishing." He said under his breath.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I asked. He looked around at me.

"Ahh yes. Where's my manners? Detective Coner. I went to your apartment the other day but you were gone. I got into contact with your ex boyfriend. He said you moved out but he doesn't know where. So this was the last place he told me you will be at." He said with a smile. The school's bell rang indicating the students will be coming out soon. 

"Yeah I uhh moved places for the sake of my son." I smiled.

"Well I should probably put the new address in the system. Mind telling me.

"I don't feel comfortable telling you." I said nervously.

"What are hiding something?" He asked me with a smirk.

"No, I just don't feel comfortable telling a complete stranger where I live. I don't know if you actually are a detective or not." I said to him, I looked over at the front door that opened. Children started running out of the door to their parents.

"Ms. Madden." I turned back around to him.

"Where were you on the night of the sixteenth?" He asked me. My heart started racing faster.

"Why?

"Just answer the question Ms. Madden.

"Well. If you must know. I was being fucked by my finace in his bed. Spent the whole night fucking. Couldn't walk the next day, my legs were hurting so badly and oh god my-"

"Okay." He awkwardly laughed. 

"I would need your fiance's statement."

"Why."

"Because your a suspect on a murder case." He said to me, Mason walked over to us. He looked at the detective then back at me.

"Mom ready." He said to me before getting into the car and closing the door.

"I don't see how I'm a suspect in something I never did." I kept eye contact with him. He chuckled.

"Ms.Madden I hope you watch your back." I rolled my eyes as he walked away. I opened the car door.

"Same to you bitch." I said under my breath as I got in the car.

-----

I barged through Alessandro's office door without knocking. He was sitting on the edge of his desk talking with Gabriele. He looked up at me when I closed the door.

"Im fucked and I need your help." I cried out. He scrunched his eyebrows together.

"What's wrong?" Worry evident in his eyes. Gabriele looked over at me.

"I'm not used to this. This is my first time. I was at Masons school waiting for him when a detective decided to pay me a visit asking me about where I was sixteenth. The night we dumped the body in the ocean." I said to him quickly. 

"I knew this would happen." He said to himself.

"What do you mean you knew this would happen?" I asked him.

"I knew you and your little group wouldn't pull it off." He said as he reached for his phone.

"You gave us that job to do so I could pay back your stupid money. Do you think I wanted to do this? I have a son, we have a life." I shouted at him.

"Adelina I don't have time for this. I will fix it and just leave." He said without looking at me. I looked over at Gabriele. He kept his eyes away from me. I walked up to him and grabbed the phone from his hand.

"No." I said to him,

"No?" He asked me.

"I'm a big girl. I got myself into this mess. I will get myself out. I dont know what I did or said to make the both of you not look in my direction but I dont give a fuck." I said to them,

"Adelina don't make it worse." He said annoyed.

"Make it worse. Do you think I am not capable of getting out of this?" I asked them. 

"Yes." They said in unison.

"You're not a... badass like most girls." Gabriele pointed out.

"I am a badass. I'm a badass bitch." I waved the phone in the air. Alessandro smirked at me.

"Okay. Be a badass bitch then." He stared into my eyes.

"I will." I said before walking out. I stopped and walked back into the room. 

"I forgot your phone." I handed it back to him and walked back out. I pulled out my phone and dialed Mia and Natalie.