Chapter 40

I stepped out of the store folding the papers and placing them in my bag. I finally got myself a job as a cashier at a makeup store. The pay wasn't great but it was the only job I could have gotten. I walked into the parking lot, going over to my car. I opened the door and got in.

Closing my eyes I rubbed my temples. I turned on the engine, I looked in my mirror but didn't have time to scream before a wire was held around my neck. I tried getting it off but due to the lack of air I was starting to get too weak. I looked back in the mirror, and the woman's face appeared.

"Mom." I choked out. She looked up in the mirror and pulled on the wire. Black dots started appearing. My foot pressed on the gas pedal, the car went forward as my eyes started to close. The car crashed into a store, the impact threw her over the seat. I felt hot liquid run from my stomach, my eyes closed as darkness surrounded me.

---

I woke up to the beeping sound of a machine. Cleaning products burnt my nose. Slowly I opened my eyes and looked over to my side. Mason was sleeping on the couch, Alessandro sat down on a chair talking to Sabina.

"Dad, will she be okay?" She asked. Alessandro went silent.

"Yes she will be sweetheart." He held her hands in his.

"Will she be my new mommy?" She asked. Alessandro looked up at her.

"Why so many questions?" He kissed her cheek and she giggled. The light on the ceiling burnt my eyes. I looked up at it. The car crash flashed in front of my eyes. I sat up gasping. Alessandro looked over at me. Mason stood up at the same time. I blinked my eyes. When I closed them I saw my mother in the mirror. I opened my eyes, my chest heaving up and down.

"Hey,it's okay." Alessandro held my shoulder, he tried to lay back down. I shaked my head.

"Mia." I whispered out.

"Adelina you were in an accident. You are injured." I tried pushing him away.

"WHERE'S MY SISTER!"I shouted at him. He jumped on the bed trying to hold me down. Tears falling from eyes.

"MIA WHERE IS SHE?" I yelled at him. Sabina started crying at the loud screams.

"Mom." Mason called out.

"WHERE IS SHE." I screamed out again. Alessandro looked over at him.

"Get her out. The both of you." He said to Mason. He stood there staring at me. Alessandro looked back at him.

"NOW." He yelled at Mason. He grabbed Sabina's hand and walked towards.

"And get your aunt." He shouted back at her. He nodded and ran through the door.

"GET OFF ME. WHERE IS MY SISTER." I cried out.

"ADELINA. You need to calm down." He pushed me back down onto the bed.

"I NEED THE FUCKING NURSES IN HERE." He shouted out the door. Nurses came rushing in behind them was Mia. Alessandro got off me when she came over to my bed. I pulled her into a hug and broke down in tears.

"I'm right here." She said in my ears. Matteo and Noemi walked through the door with Sabina in Matteo's arms hugging him. Mia climbed up on the bed wrapping her arms around my waist. I felt calmer knowing she was safe now.

"She was there." I said to her, She pulled away and looked at me.

"Who was?"

"She was in the car with me." Memories came flashing through my mind.

"Princess, you were the only one in the car. You crashed into a store, the glass stabbed you and your seatbelt wrapped around your neck." Alessandro said. He looked worried but tried to hide it. I shaked my head.

"She was in the back seat and she strangled me. Mia you have to believe me." I cried.

"Who was in the back seat Adelina?" She asked.

"Mom." I said to her, She pulled away from me. She climbed off the bed and walked out of the room. I fell back onto the pillow. Alessandro came into my view.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a plane now?" I asked him.

"I was supposed to three weeks ago." I looked up at him.

"You've been out for three weeks Princess. When I heard what happened we turned the plane back around." He pushed my hair away from my face.

"But what about."

"Massimo is there." He said. I nodded.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry but I do have to leave very soon. I was worried you wouldn't wake up in time before I left." He stared into my eyes. I looked away from him.

"Princess?" He called. I turned to him. His lips smashed against mine. It didn't take me a second until I kissed him back, he pulled away placing his forehead against mine.

"Ever since I came here you have been nothing but trouble. You don't bow down to me, you constantly disobeyed me. It was refreshing. I thought maybe we would have a future together. You're a strong woman, one who also grew up in a world like mine. We're alike yet so different. Every second that passes by I will always think of you. You make my heart beat faster, you make me want to change, be a better person. You've been my fire in me that I didn't know I needed." He kissed me again this time more passionately. He pulled away and stepped back. A tear dropped from my eye.

"See you later little man." My voice cracked. He smiled at me as he walked towards the door.

"I thought we established that I am no little man Princess." He chuckled. I looked down at my fingers then back at him.

"Stay safe my love." He walked out of the room, closing the door. I fell back onto the pillow.

Memories of our first night came through my mind. I haven't been that person in years and I don't regret making Mia and Natlie to force me there. We met and I was the fire he needed, he was the lighter that lit the fire inside of me.