02;

Casen was playing with Emilia's red and curly hair when I took a seat on one of the deck chairs, right next to Leigh. Austin was making himself all comfortable, earning a head slap from Seeley.

"What was that for, dickhead?" he rubbed his head and Seeley grinned.

"Because you deserve it," Seeley said and nudged his leg with his knee. "Now scooch."

Austin rolled his blue eyes but moved to the side anyway and once Seeley has taken a seat, I leaned forward and took their smug faces in.

"Okay, would any of you tell me what's going on?" I asked and Emilia sighed.

"You could only imagine, my dear Heddy." she clapped her hands together in a dramatic way.

"Truth be told I'm even afraid to imagine," I answered. "You're not planning on having an orgia party, are you?"

"I'd be in." Austin put his hand up with a wicked smile and Seeley slapped his head again.

Casen gave Austin a side glare before crossing his legs and letting out a small sigh.

"He just doesn't stop," he said to himself.

"You know I've been eager to close my high school years with a wild summer." Leigh dropped her hands to her knees.

I narrowed my eyes and watched her in suspicion.

"Define wild." Seeley lifted his dark eyebrows.

"Wild as in spending some quality time with my fellas away from Hillsboro before everyone goes on their way." Leigh's eyes met with Seeley who looked both bored and cocky at the same time.

"You're talking about us?" I asked pointing at our patchy friend group. We were so different from each other but somehow that was the bridge between us leading up to such close friendships.

"Yes, Heddy." Leigh gave me an exhausted look. "I'm talking about you guys."

"You've got horrible taste, haven't you, Leigh?" Seeley asked half serious half sarcastic.

"Seems like it," Leigh shrugged. "It's not my fault you didn't get rid of me when you had the chance."

"Not that we would have had one considering how clingy you could be." Seeley turned to Austin who laughed while Leigh's jaw dropped.

"Fuck you, man." Leigh laughed after she'd overcome her embarrassment.

"You wish." Seeley winked and I tried to hide my disbelief as they had been roasting each other.

Leigh gave Seeley a challenging look before wiping her colorful hair out of her face and lifting her jaw.

"So, we've been kind of planning things around." Leigh continued. "And we'd thought that we all deserve a little getaway from this town. Considering how much had happened over the last four years."

A part of me didn't like what she'd just said. Mostly because I hated when people made plans including me but without any warnings or questions. I hated when they dragged me out of my comfort zone.

"And what does that exactly mean?" I asked.

Leigh excitingly grabbed my shoulders while her eyes lit up.

"That with all the amount of work we've been doing after our classes... We finally can rent a house at Cannon Beach for the next two months." she smiled in a bright and unshakable way.

The others except Seeley and me seemed all excited and happy now that we could have some time away from our parents.

"My neighbor is the one who gives it out." Leigh clapped her hands together. "He said that he'd probably quote it lower than he would have for anyone else."