46;

It was around midnight when I heard someone opening the front door and almost slamming it in frustration.

After Leigh and the others had gotten home, we were watching movies when I told them the big news about Clara's sudden show-up.

"Not her, please." Austin had rolled her eyes.

"But we were having such a great time," Casen whined and hugged a pillow.

"I didn't know what was absent from my life until now." Emilia glared at the ceiling.

Leigh looked more disappointed than frustrated.

"I don't know why am I surprised." She had murmured before walking to the kitchen to keep herself busy.

We had barely paid any attention to the movie whatsoever. We all were too mad that out of all people that could have joined us for the rest few weeks of our summer, it was Clara who showed up.

I kept thinking about Seeley and the way his expression darkened when Clara was around. Now that I told him that I had faith in him, he might have the power to stand up for himself and break up with her.

Even if things won't work out between us, I was hoping that he'd get rid of her for good.

I talked with Leigh and listened to her talk about her fears and insecurities. She didn't know when she'd tell Seeley that she had feelings for him.

I felt like shit while listening to her, trying to give her advice while I was aware that Seeley didn't look at her like that.

They barely had become real friends now that Leigh had let go of her judgemental side and to be fair, it was out of the blue that she has had a crush on him.

Not that I couldn't blame her because Seeley looked handsome but looking back at her previous relationships, I would have thought that she'd give herself more time to get to know the person that she'd become very fond of.

I should have told her. It wasn't my place to feed her illusions and encourage her hope.

But since I had no idea if Seeley and I would ever become a couple, I kept backing out. I was a coward, I knew but it still didn't erase my fair that I'd lose my friendship with Leigh.

We have been so much together for me to just break everything down.

That was one of the main reasons I couldn't sleep.

The other was that I kept wondering whenever I checked the time on my phone – and if Seeley had texted me – about his whereabouts.

Knowing now the dark side and also the real side of his relationship with Clara, I was worried sick that if he could talk to her then she might have done something with her.

I was sure if she'd laid a finger on him, I'd go after her and make her regret the day she was even born.

After hearing someone walking into the house, my eyes opened right away and I sat up before even noticing what my body was doing.

I hoped it was him then I reminded myself that it only could be him.

Unless Clara had gotten his keys and came here to avenge her hurt feelings by beating me up. Okay, that was a little dramatic but I could never be sure with Clara.

I slipped out of my bed and rubbed my arms when I realized how cold it was while the stars stared back at me through the window. Of course, it was open, Leigh always left it open because she could never sleep when the window was closed in her room.

I walked out on my tiptoes, wearing nothing but my shorts and a black shirt that almost covered half of my thighs. I loved wearing oversized shirts even at home because they always made me feel free and independent.