22;

When the heat wasn't so tormenting, we decided to go to the beach and swim until the sun would go down.

I was watching Austin and Casen trying to float which neither of them could do. Casen just kept laughing whenever the water splashed across his face while he was attempting to float.

Austin even let me climb up on his shoulders and jump into the water, using him as a springboard.

We could be in the water for hours until it started darkening. We were soaking wet as we hurried home. The wind just made us even colder which was why it was hard to leave the water in the first place.

I was hiding with the already wet towel which only made me colder.

"I feel smaller if you know what I'm talking about," Casen remarked and I laughed.

"Maybe we should have come out sooner?"

He glared at me.

"Hell no." He shook his head while hiding his face behind his Batman towel. "It was too hot in the afternoon to even consider leaving the house."

"It's either too hot or too cold, make up your mind then," Austin said while sniffing, water dripping from his hair.

"Okay, grandma." Casen narrowed his eyes.

When we reached the house we found the lights turned on which made me think and even stop for a second.

"Did they break in?" Casen asked.

"Do you think that burglars would even take the risk to turn on the lights, letting us know that they are inside?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Listen, we've seen some dumb criminals, so I wouldn't be so sure about that."

"It's probably Seeley," Austin said and made his way over to the balcony.

Casen turned around and saw that there were only girls surrounding him. He then let his arm drop while he started to pick out something from his teeth with his tongue.

"Huh." He hummed. "I didn't even notice that he wasn't here."

"You can't be serious." Leigh stepped forward, trying to dry her hair but it was a lost cause.

"What?" Casen asked.

"We didn't see him all day." Leigh enlighted him and Casen just waved her off.

"I can't pay attention to all the tiny details, Leigh."

Leigh gave me an exhausted look but I only shrugged in response.

"Seeley isn't even a tiny detail, Casen!" Leigh clenched her jaw in frustration.

"Well, I can't be as sharp as you." He put his hands up in defense.

Leigh rolled her eyes and walked to the entrance. We all followed her in silence while Austin waited for us before opening the door.

I needed a second to figure out what was going on because balloons fell into our necks as we walked into the house.

I watched the place with wide eyes that somehow turned into a colorful rainbow. There were balloons on the doors and a magnificent smell filled the room.

When I looked around, I saw Seeley moving around in the kitchen. He was wearing cargo shorts and a gray buttoned shirt.

Seeley turned around when he heard us. When his eyes found me, he stilled in his place and his face softened.

"I thought I might have to call the police because you were gone for hours."

"Oh, just the usual, you know." Casen stepped forward and put his towel around his neck. "We decided to kidnap Heddy for a while and almost drowned in the process but here we are now."