39;

DECEMBER

I was staring at the snowflakes dancing in the air before softly landing on the ground. Even though all of the windows were closed, it was cold because the heat didn't work that day.

I was sitting in my jacket and playing with my scarf while completely ignoring Mr. Bennet's lecture about the history of mankind.

I just never felt the connection between the subject and me because I hated memorizing the names and dates. Why do we still need to know every unnecessary detail if I didn't want to do anything with history?

Especially now that I've been working over hours and slept even less than I already have.

Mr. Bennet ignored me sleeping in his classes but not lately now that the finals and our graduation would be around the corner soon.

Seeley slightly pulled the end of my hair which caused me to flinch because I was so lost in my thoughts.

I turned my head to the side when I saw him lifting a piece of paper above my shoulder. I took it from him before Mr. Bennet would notice anything.

I heard Seeley leaning back in his chair and then tapping his pen against his notebook which was probably almost empty because he rarely made notes.

I unfolded the paper and turned it to read his letter.

r u up for the date tonight?

I smiled carefully before shaking my head and writing down my answer. When Mr. Bennet looked at his laptop's screen, I quickly gave the crankled paper back to Seeley.

Watching you get your ass kicked in basketball is not a date

I heard Seeley chuckle before sighing and leaning on his table, getting close to me.

"That was heartless." He whispered.

I arched an eyebrow at his comment before glancing at Clara who was the first to tell me how much of a heartless bitch I've been.

"I thought you knew I didn't have a heart," I answered lowering my tone.

He moved in his chair before tapping my back. I almost jumped because he pushed a muscle that has always been ticklish for me.

"I might be the only one who knows that you have something in your chest. And if it's not a heart then it's something similar to it."

I smiled and shook my head. I hoped that no one heard his weak attempt to try to get me to change my mind about the things our classmates said about me.

It was already enough for me to hear it.

"I don't think I'm that bad in basketball."

"You're right. You're not bad just horrible. Especially when it comes to passes." I tried to hide back my smile that kept creeping onto my face. I didn't want Mr. Bennet to notice us.

"In this team, we are not familiar with the term pass." He said easily. "Especially Louis."

"Well, didn't Louis quit the team before?" I asked.

"Yeah, but he realized that basketball was the only thing that helped him get into parties and get laid so he came back."

I scoffed and drew a sun on the top of my paper. I forgot my books at home. Again.

After running from work to home and then to school afterward, I was surprised that my head was still attached to my neck.

"But he doesn't even look that good."