14;

"Aren't you bored already? It's been days." My mother snarred through the phone as I was roaming through the kitchen.

I held back a groan because I didn't want to give her a reason to hold the line anymore. It's been already forty-five minutes since she's called me and all she did was gabble about her boyfriend, her job, and me about being away.

She meant exactly that I wasn't there as a financial backup and she's got to choose carefully how or when to spend her money now.

I meant, that she's got to act like an adult now and she didn't like that.

"Truth be told, Mom..." I said as I closed the top drawer.

I had too much time on my hands, so I decided to get familiar with the kitchen a little bit. But since I didn't feel like using the oven, I decided to make almond butter no-bake cookies.

Seeley had told me anyway to be healthier, well, this little cookie was healthier than the type of sweets that I've been eating lately. You could not call that a no development.

"Yes?"

"With each day I become more and more interested and happier too." I nodded while swirling the pan, so the ingredients would be combined flawlessly.

"I find that very hard to believe," she said in a bored tone. "You were never an outgoing person anyway."

I didn't have the chance to go out. That was a major difference.

I wanted to let her know that it was her childish behavior that closed me into our house all the time.

"I've had too much work." I commented while pressing my face against my shoulder to keep my phone in its place.

"Maybe if you worked a little less and focused on your studies instead, you would have gotten into a university and now I wouldn't need to be worried about your whereabouts with those wastrels."

My grip tightened around the pan as I focused on the ingredients. I had to bite into my lip to stop myself from snapping at her. I could listen to her all day if I've lost my patience and cool right now.

"Don't call them that." I clenched my jaw.

"Why?" she asked. "You don't like that I know their kind?"

"I don't like you judging people who you don't know." I corrected and she cleared her throat.

"Watch your mouth, young lady," she warned me and I rolled my eyes. "You quite changed for the worse over the last few days."

"Is this why you called me?" I asked, getting tired of her behavior already.

She let out a dramatic sigh at the end of the line.

"No, I just wanted to tell you that I miss you." She chirped and I glared out the window. Only if I could believe those words coming from her.

She couldn't possibly miss me. She missed having control over someone daily and she didn't know how to cope with that need.

"Me, too." I tried to say it most believably.

"I'd be glad if you avoided that boy." She suddenly said and I froze in the middle of my movement. I stepped away from the cooker and leaned against the dining table for support.

Did she have microphones on me? How good her timing or inner voice could be if she confronted me about this only an hour later since I've been considering Seeley's offer.

She just knew when and how to hit the nail right on the head.

Or she might be physic which would mean that I've been doomed ever since I was born.