29;

"I have a confession to make."

I was sitting behind the hotel, on one of the branches with Perkyn.

I was eating a homemade salad that Seeley had made me since I haven't been eating properly in the last few weeks and he wanted me to guide back to the right path.

Back? As if he didn't know that I was never there.

I liked how caring he was with me sometimes. When he'd given me a ride – which we had to be careful about since we didn't want to draw the others' attention – he always bought me coffee or something else that I craved for.

"This is the part where you tell me that you're a serial killer in your free time and the only reason you brought me out here is to get rid of me finally?" I asked while chewing.

Perkyn tapped his fingers against his croissant while crumbs were around his mouth.

"I held that information back for another lunch break." He looked at me and we exchanged a smile.

"What can I say?" I asked. "I binge-watch killer documentaries in my free time."

Perkyn's smile slowly faded and a frown has taken over his face.

"I thought that was only a myth." He whispered.

"What?"

He cleared his throat and stared down at his chocolate croissant.

"I've been hearing this joke being thrown around for a good laugh but I thought it wasn't true."

I could only laugh at his confused face as if he needed to solute a complicated math question to understand how women worked.

"Oh, no... It's pretty much true." I nodded. "We love watching this kind of documentary about crazy killers. Just a perfect movie while we are having dinner."

As I continued to eat my salad, I could feel his eyes burning a hole into the side of my head.

"I usually watch action movies while I'm having dinner..."

I didn't know why but it was always amusing to see the genuine reaction of men to our unexplainable love for mature contented killer documentaries.

I, for a fact, only watched them at night. You know, just for the vibe and the excitement.

"Are you also having tea in your free time with Satan? You know, just for fun?" He asked softly while still watching me eat my lunch.

I hid my mouth to muffle my laughter while Perkyn slowly started to smile.

"I didn't expect this conversation to take this kind of turn." He admitted with a small laugh.

"If you want someone to surprise you in only a matter of seconds, feel free to call me." I joked and put my box next to me.

"Anyway, back to the topic." He said, tapping my knee.

"Yes? I'm listening."

"Delilah plans on making a BBQ party this Friday." He started it. "And I thought that you could come if you'd like to."

His invitation took me by surprise. I hadn't expected him to be the kind of person who'd take me over to his house and let me meet his parents.

I didn't know why but I have always thought that he was the type of guy who'd be meeting up with people in secret and never telling a soul about that.

I was glad that he thought of me and wanted me to go but I was kind of afraid. We were just co-workers, friends. What would his parents think of us?

If Perkyn had the bravery to man up and admit his crush on me in front of my friends, then he had to talk about me at home too, right?