19;

The first half of my shift flew by quickly but it had its downsides. I was walking the hallways with Marina while she'd tell me stories about her favorite no-English speaker tourists.

Foreigner tourists were her favorite guests because according to her they looked cute when they tried to understand what she was saying.

There was a moment when I almost threw up when I saw vomit on the carpet as we opened the door for room 309. A part of me wanted to know who was the disgusting person that did that so that I could attach a face to this mess while my brain was just screaming 'no'.

Even though it could be a disgusting and challenging job, it kept me busy while I was listening to Marina singing her favorite songs of Five Seconds Of Summer.

I got a text from Perkyn to meet him downstairs for lunch. So, when we were done with Marina, we headed back downstairs for our lunch break.

"It could have been worse, honestly," Marina tried to reassure me but I wasn't in the mood.

"Worse than cleaning after drunk people?" I asked.

"I could tell you, last week there was an old man here..."

"I don't want to hear it," I interrupted her by putting my hand up. "I'd love to hear your embarrassing stories about the guests that were here over the years but for now all I want to do is eat. And I don't want to lose my appetite. Room 309 was enough for me."

Marina laughed at me and nodded.

"Fair enough," she said. "What did you bring for lunch?"

"I made sandwiches."

"Basic and fast, I like it." She said. "I remember in high school there was a month or two when I kept eating the same kind of sandwich every day. Salami and mayonnaise. Needless to say, my body has had enough so much that I can't even look at mayonnaise the same. It just makes me want to puke."

"Damn, that sandwich really traumatized you, didn't it?" I asked, copying her speaking style.

When she noticed that, she gave me a proud glance and took her gloves off.

"You have no idea," she said. "Whenever I see someone eating a sandwich, I just want to slap it out of their hands."

I laughed, giving her all my respect and dignity. Sometimes we didn't realize how monotone our lives and days have become until they caused a major change in our personality.

"Mine doesn't have salami or mayonnaise, I promise," I tried to soften her a little but she clicked her tongue in a sassy way.

"Maybe but don't let me see it," she grinned and I nodded.

I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and fix my hair. I was quite proud of myself that I didn't let myself down and it's already been half of the day.

When I saw Perkyn, he was on his phone, his hand gripping the phone tightly and glaring at the ground with heat in his eyes.

It was odd to see him this angry and it instantly made me have a grinding feeling. It must have been serious if he kept clenching his jaw and closing his eyes while listening.

"I know, you don't need to tell me twice," he said and leaned his head against the wall. "I'm working, where else would I be? Don't be ridiculous."

I felt bad for eavesdropping even though I particularly wasn't because he was standing in the hallway, so it was impossible not to hear him.

"Do I have to?" He asked, his voice muffled. "I don't want another lecture of her."

Perkyn started to walk around and when he noticed me a few feet away, he recoiled, and his angry expression faded away.