31;

I followed Leigh and Emilia into the restaurant which looked both flattering and colorful at the same time.

The bright colors made me smile a little and my gaze instantly landed on the medium-sized fountain on the other side of the restaurant. There were framed pictures of the employees or local guests as decoration which made the mood of the place even warmer than it was before.

A waitress led us to the table that Emilia had booked which wasn't far from the fountain. After putting my purse on the table and taking a seat, I glanced around.

"How did you find this place?" I asked while opening the menu we were just given.

Emilia smiled a little and adjusted her napkin.

"It was Leigh who suggested that we should try this place." She admitted while Leigh nodded with a proud smile.

"A week ago I was serving an older woman who just got tired of her husband's shit and stayed with me until she finished her drink." She explained. "We were talking and she shared a few stories with me when she told me about this place. She said it's a little expensive but it's worth it."

"I can already tell that," I said flipping through the menu. I didn't know why but I had a good feeling about this place.

I tried not to think about my fight with Seeley earlier this evening. However, his words kept echoing in my ears while I was reading.

There was no way I'd give up because he deserved so much better. But once again, could I give him what he deserved?

I never thought that I'd be ready for a relationship after him. I'd realize that I wouldn't be a good girlfriend.

I needed time to work on myself and get past my insecurities and memories but Seeley didn't seem to have enough time.

As the days passed the more lost he looked while I was sure Clara was living her best days back in Hillsboro. It wasn't fair how she'd get what she wanted while she didn't even give Seeley a chance.

I knew for a fact now that he didn't love her. If he couldn't say those three words then it wasn't love. It was more likely a weird mixture of lust and pity. I still had the feeling that the only reason Seeley put up with her shit was that he has thought that he deserved this. And that he felt sorry for her.

"Girls, do you know what's been happening with Seeley?" Leigh asked after we ordered our food.

Me. That's what has been happening with him.

I tensed but tried to hide my confusion by taking a sip of my water.

"He seems the same to me. Why?" Emilia asked and we exchanged a questioning look.

Leigh grazed the top of her finger across her glass while glancing up at the lights above us.

"I don't know exactly but something is different in him. He is not that distant anymore." Leigh said with a happy smile. "And he even sat down with me for a talk a few times and he isn't even that horrible as I thought he was after he announced that he started dating Clara."

"And he is not that angry anymore unless you remind him of Clara which is completely understandable." Emilia nodded. "I'd be pissed too if a finally got the chance to leave that snake behind only to be reminded of her by my friends all the time."

"I don't know but I kind of like this side of him," Leigh said with an even bigger smile and I dropped my gaze.

"What?" Emilia asked. "You're not telling me that you actually like Seeley?"

Leigh's cheeks flushed while I felt an invisible hand gripping my throat. No, no, no... This couldn't be happening.

My best friend couldn't be liking the person who I'd been sleeping with in secret for weeks now.