08;

"Finally, I started to worry that you drove into the ocean," Leigh exclaimed as I opened the door and got out.

It was around noon when we got to the address that Leigh had sent us. When I turned around I didn't even acknowledge the house at first.

It was a dark brown house with a balcony in the front. The stone yard leading to the entrance was decorated with a few lamps. It reminded me of our house, the only difference was that I would be spending time with my friends and not my immature mother.

"I wasn't that lucky," Seeley teased and I tried to swap his cap off of his head.

"You wish," I narrowed my eyes as he walked over to the back of his car.

When he opened it, I stepped next to him already reaching my arm to my bag when he gently pushed it aside.

"I got it," he said without looking at me.

"Thanks," I stepped away and watched him grab my stuff. Emilia gave me a questioning look and I just shrugged before walking over to them.

"And I would have thought that I would be the one who would take ages to arrive." Leigh smiled as we walked to the entrance.

"My mother might have had a little chit-chat with Seeley when he arrived," I lowered my tone and Leigh's eyes widened.

"I thought she would be working by now!"

I pressed my lips together and stopped in front of the wooden door.

"She will be," I added. "In the afternoon."

Leigh groaned and ran her fingers through her colorful hair.

"I wanted to pick you up, I swear," she tried to explain herself with a painful expression.

"Yeah, right." I teased her and she nudged my arm.

"I really did," she defended herself. "I guess mothers are a wrack this day."

"Most likely," I agreed as Seeley walked up the stairs and joined the boys who were already drinking cold beers.

"I've heard there was an accident," Casen started and crossed his legs. "It was two cars slamming into each other and being a train or something."

"Yes, it happened a few miles ahead of us." I said and crossed my arms.

"I hate traffic jams." Austin agreed and grabbed his beer.

"How fucking empathic you are." I said turning to him while he was sipping from his beer.

"I am," Austin spread his arms. "Don't you see how empathic I am for you two?"

"We don't," Seeley joined our conversation.

"It's not my problem that you are incapable of noticing a friend expressing his sorry for you," Austin said dramatically.

"You might start to go on a seance to improve your people skills." I slapped his shoulder and he arched an eyebrow.

"Artists don't need to go things like that," he pointed his finger at me.

"Define artist for me please."

"Have you not seen my drawings, lady?" he asked and leaned forward. "I am a goddamn successor of da Vinci."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at his choice of words.

"Da Vinci actually had a talent for art," I commented with a grimace. "It seems like it must have run out over his generations."

Seeley and Casen shared a laugh between them while Austin gave me a pure look that was a mixture of disappointment and surprise.

"You did not just say that," he genuinely seemed offended by my comment.