45;

I was paralyzed as Seeley's evil girlfriend made herself comfortable on the couch, putting her legs up on the coffee table.

"Hi, Clara, what a pleasant surprise." I scoffed and walked into the kitchen for an apple. I needed to keep my mouth busy if I didn't want to curse her out of this house.

When Seeley gave me a done look, I slightly shrugged. Just because Clara was here didn't mean that I had to lock myself into my room like a child.

Why did she come here anyway? Did Seeley tell her to come here?

If he did then I had to face the fact that he has played me while he showed his vulnerable side.

I hoped Seeley didn't tell her to come here, not after just admitting the fact that he has loved me for years.

We still had a lot to talk about and then Clara just showed up out of the blue. It seemed like today wasn't my day.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. "Trying to get tan?"

Clara forced a smile on her face and her blue eyes examined me like I was some kind of prey.

"That would be great too." She said and put her hair behind her air. "I just missed my boyfriend."

Do you mean you missed abusing someone who has been through enough already?

"You could have called me before you came here," Seeley said and stopped in front of her.

I took a bite while I was examining Clara from the corner of my eyes. I hated to admit but her beauty was still thrilling even though her personality made her one of the ugliest people.

"I mean, you already invited me before you came here." She shrugged as if it didn't happen a long time ago.

Seeley sighed and rubbed the side of his face. He was uncomfortable, it was easy to tell that, especially under his survey of Clara.

I felt like we were doing something forbidden just seconds ago before he let her in but then I remembered that she started it in the first place.

I just wished I could tell her what we have been up to behind her back while she was sleeping with different people every night.

I wanted to see her face so bad when she realized that she has been given a taste of her own medicine but I didn't want to cause any difficulties for Seeley.

Not after what Oswald has done.

"I finally got a few days off, I thought that we could spend some time together." She smiled while leaning forward to Seeley.

However, Seeley didn't move an inch.

I continued to eat my apple and stared out the window while walking out of the kitchen. It was around late afternoon and I felt like I haven't done anything particular this day.

And now Clara was here too.

"This place is beautiful." Clara chirped. "I had to stop and take a few pictures because this is my first time here."

It was also the first time for many of us and probably the last for Seeley.

Clara turned to me with a wide smile on her face.

"How do you like this place, Heddy?" She asked me and I almost rolled my eyes.

I shrugged and took another bite of my apple.

"It's great," I answered as if we weren't the greatest enemies of all time.

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, the ocean is beautiful, the job is great and I've been having quite an adventure lately." I teased her.

Seeley gave me a warning side glance and Clara nodded, still staring at me.

"That sounds awesome." She said. "Where do you work?"

I finished my apple and threw it in the trashcan while leaning against the wall. That was the moment I'd been waiting for.

To allow her to make fun of me. Again.

"I work at the Weran Hotel as a cleaner," I said proudly and she tensed.

When she eyed me from my head to my toes, an unpleasant feeling crawled under my skin. God, I hated her so much.

"As a cleaner?" She asked with a frown. "I didn't think you'd end up like this. Cleaning other people's shit like a slave."

"Clara," Seeley warned her.

I smiled a little while thinking whether it wasn't my place to tell her everything right here and now.

"I'd met some amazing people at work, so it was worth it."

Clara gave me a side glance before shrugging and leaning back on the couch like she owned the place.

"I can imagine. I've seen what the cleaning staff usually looks like." She remarked. "Thought you had a taste in men after Kalen."

I froze how casually she has brought Kalen up and I had to fight every cell of my body to not straddle her and crawl her eyes out for being a nosy bitch.

"That's the point," I answered and crossed my arms. "I'm trying to meet different people from Kalen. I don't want another asshole in my life like him."

She examined her nails while I was talking to her.

"It's easier if you just admit that you were too weak to be a woman and handle a man." She gave me a haunting smile.

My blood was boiling and all I could see was red.

How dare she bring my ex-boyfriend who was both manipulative and abusive just to act like a goddamn oracle?

Who was she to judge me when she knew nothing? She didn't know what I had to live through while I was with Kalen.

"I'd say that I was strong enough to leave an abusive person. That takes a lot." I glared at her while also referring to her.

She shrugged and licked her lips.

"Grow up, he wasn't that bad."

I scoffed while I had to hold myself back.

"You know nothing, Clara," I said. "Nothing about me or Kalen."

Or Seeley, in that manner.

"Don't need to be all sensitive about guys, my girl." She said while gesturing with her hand. "Guys are tough, it's not your responsibility to protect them."

My eyes darted together. Only if she knew that her boyfriend was a perfect example of not wishing to fight his demons alone.

If she would have given a shit about him, she wouldn't be talking about this nonsense.

"In this case, you don't need to care about them at all." I shrugged, playing her game.

She gave me a devilish smile just when Seeley stepped between us.

"Come on, Clara. We are going out."

Clara was more than happy to hear that. She grabbed Seeley's hand and pressed herself against him.

I had to turn away because I didn't want either of them to notice my disguised expression.

"I'd be more than glad to do that." She said and rubbed his chest. "She doesn't know any manners."

I opened my mouth to cuss her out but Seeley was faster.

"Don't talk about her like that." He warned her and my chest warmed.

Clara gave Seeley a weird look before scoffing irritatingly. If I was Seeley, I would have already sent her back home for that attitude.

"Whatever. I know what I know."

When she opened the door she gave me a murderous glance before walking out. However, my anger slowly dissolved when Seeley gave me an apologetic look as he stepped out of the house.

"I'll talk to her." He promised.