38;

It has been only a few minutes since the bomb between Oswald and Seeley had exploded yet I felt like I'd been standing there for hours.

Watching the scene unfold himself was completely nerve-wracking. I knew no matter how this night would end, I'd always remember these minutes.

Because this was the moment when even the glimpse of hope that Seeley has been holding onto his father's presence was crushed into pieces and burnt to ashes.

"What is he talking about, Oswald?" Delilah asked in a hoarse voice.

Oswald just shook his head before pointing his finger at Seeley.

"Don't you dare bring Dakota up." He hissed but Seeley just seemed angrier by Oswald's choice of tone.

"Why? Because you know it's true?"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Or what?" Seeley asked. "You're going to hit me like you always did when you got mad at something? Don't worry, I'm already used to it."

Oswald let out a deep animalistic growl before grabbing a picture that hung above him and slamming it against Seeley's head.

I jumped and tried to muffle my horrific scream but there was no use.

"Oswald! Stop it!"

"Dad just calm down, please!"

Seeley placed his hand against his face and looked at it when he felt the blood from his torn skin wetting it.

"You really think you can throw me out like some garbage?" Seeley gritted his teeth together. "I know you always hated me because I reminded you of mom but as I see you didn't need much time to move on you rat."

Oswald kicked the glass away with his foot while glaring at Seeley.

"You're still too young, Seeley. You'll never understand it especially if you act like a teenage girl who just got stood up."

Seeley laughed in an evil way that sent chills down my spine.

"Look at you... Not only practically spitting on my mother's grave but you also happened to find a replacement whose name starts with the same letter as hers? How fucking loyal."

I didn't even realize how strong I'd been holding into Perkyn's hand until he sent me an apologetic glance.

"You're dead to me. You have been since you got my mother killed!" Seeley spat and opened the door, almost tearing it down from the frame.

I watched him storm down the stairs but only after he grabbed the baseball bat that stood next to the entrance.

My eyes widened as he headed over to an expensive-looking car that stood next to the house.

"You always were a huge fan of convertibles," Seeley said while studying the car with intense eyes. It seemed like he has completely lost himself. "Good to know that you weren't lying about that."

"Seeley..."

Seeley didn't even hesitate as he lifted the bat and slammed the windshield of the white car. I flinched as the glass exploded and flew in every direction.

Glass clinked against the cement and sparkled under the street lights. It seemed like stars were flying in the grayness.

"Good to know that you are one hell of a fucking liar!" Seeley shouted and slammed the bat against the driver's door which cracked a little loudly.

"Stop it!" Oswald ran to the ranging boy who lost the last piece of his heart in only a matter of minutes.

Seeley moved away before Oswald could grab him and before anyone could react, he slammed it against Oswald's body.