13;

The sun has already gone down, melting into the waves of the ocean, painting the distance orange and light pink. It was a beautiful sight that I could stare at for hours even.

I couldn't explain it but the sight of nature always relaxed me in ways I couldn't even explain.

I left the girls behind because Leigh has gotten a call from her mother – which according to her would be hours long – and Emilia stayed with her to get ready and change.

I, on the other hand, didn't feel the need to try to look good. There was nobody here that I wanted to impress with makeup and perfectly done hair.

As we walked in the sand, I took my shoes off to enjoy the sand with my bare feet. Austin and Casen ran into the water to play a match while I kept walking under the colorful sky.

Seeley looked more relaxed now than he had been before we went to the cinema which was a huge relief to me.

But I hadn't expected him to stick with me and keep me company while our friends were trying to hit each other with their volleyball.

"It's beautiful." I said glancing up to the sky and Seeley raised his head.

"I've seen better." He said and I gasped silently.

He tried to bite his smile back as I pushed his arm playfully. I was glad that we could be on somewhat good terms but I didn't want it to end.

I wanted more time being surrounded by laughter and honest smiles. It's been too long since I'd experienced that.

"This is what I always tell Austin when he shows me his paintings." I admitted almost shamefully and his eyes landed on me.

"No..." he said in disbelief, amusement shining in his green eyes.

I bit into my lower lip and nodded several times.

"I'm horrible, I know." I grinned and Seeley let out a cloudless laugh, his head thrown back.

"You really are." He continued to laugh and I shrugged.

"I can't treat him like a baby." I defended my point. "He is an adult, he's going to deal with criticism."

"A very raw criticism," he gave me a knowing look and I closed my mouth. "Maybe be a little less harsh with him, would you?"

"You are the one talking." I lowered my tone and looked away from him to look casual. I didn't want him to know how much I didn't like seeing him being this collapsed.

Seeley stopped walking and sunk his hands into his pockets.

"What does that mean?" he asked and waited for me to stop walking.

I sighed and clenched my hands onto my heart, my back facing him while a storm of thoughts and worries overran my head. Suddenly, I started to worry about what his reaction would be if I confronted him about his worrying behavior.

When I turned back to him, he was standing a few feet away from me, not moving an inch as the wind ruffled the back of his hair.

I took a step closer to him as the only things that could be heard around us were the waves and the wind.

"I just..." I put a strand of hair behind my ear, hoping that he didn't notice my fretfulness.

Seeley didn't even interrupt me which was almost deadly to my ears. He just stood there and waited for my response without any remorse or forethought.

"I noticed that you changed," I admitted, not daring to breathe in his presence. I didn't want to mention the girls because I didn't know how he would react.