33;

"Thank you, officer," Seeley said flatly as the officer stepped away.

The officer just nodded while avoiding eye contact with us. He just wanted us to be gone already.

Seeley's eyes were completely burning me in fury while I hugged myself and turned my head away.

"Are you ready to go?"

I'd rather close back the cell on myself and listen to Braith's stories all night.

"Yes." I said and walked past him without looking at him. Seeley sighed but followed me out to the dark city.

"Would you like to enlighten me about what happened?" He asked following me to the empty parking lot.

I stopped walking and angrily turned on my heels.

"I don't think that's your problem."

Seeley rubbed his forehead and glanced down at me. He seemed exhausted and disappointed.

"Why are you being so difficult?" He asked. "Can't you see that I'm trying?"

I crossed my arms.

"Trying to piss me off?" I asked. "Because take a guess, you succeeded."

Seeley has already had enough but I wasn't going to stop. He had the right to be a smart ass with me earlier?

Then it was my turn now.

"I didn't know that you were this problematic." He admitted and I felt like someone just kicked me in the stomach.

Who was he to say something like that? And where was the Seeley who wished I could spend the night with him? He was adorable and almost unresistable.

It felt like a completely different person was standing in front of me.

"Problematic?" I asked. "Why? Because I got arrested?"

"This shouldn't have happened."

"He deserved it!" I spread my arms. "If you think I'm just going to sit around and let people eye me like I was their next one-night stand then you're wrong."

"I'm only saying that violence is not the answer." He said as his eyes softened. "I totally understand that he was a jerk but people like him do exist unfortunately and you can't go around and keep punching people."

I hated that he was right. But his reasoning also annoyed me because I had thought that I didn't need to hear my mother's lecture about this and now Seeley was here to replace her.

"Says the one with the short temperature." I scoffed. There was no way I'd ever let him know that he was right.

Seeley sighed and waited until I looked into his eyes again.

"Don't take me as a role model." He joked. "I'm too horrible for that."

I couldn't hold back the smile that turned the corner of my lips upwards. A part of me, even though I didn't want to admit it, liked that he was here for me.

Stop it, Heddy. Don't give in just like that. Have some manners and self-respect.

Leigh's happy and excited face appeared in front of my eyes and I felt a lump growing in my throat.

Seeley noticed my frown right away.

"What's wrong?"

I knew that it wasn't fair to keep information to myself. I had to tell him so that we could lay out all of our cards now.

"I don't think we should continue... this." I waved my hand between us and now it was his turn to frown.

He slightly turned his head while he tried to solve me like I was some kind of mystery.