11;

It's been almost an hour since I got back home and just mentioned my accidental Twa Corbies visit to Leigh who has become excited over the news.

Let's just say that she wasn't even interested in my job, she was only curious about Perkyn. She even said now that I've gotten the job, now we can get to the exciting part of my day.

"So, he is awkward?" Emilia asked who joined us after ten minutes of exciting whisper exchanges between us.

"He can be really awkward." I laughed and crossed my legs. I was sitting on my bed, chewing my sour gummy candies.

I knew what Seeley would say to that with the healthy lifestyle while he wasn't listening to his health just as much but I just had to buy a few snacks on my way home to gift myself. I could have been much worse, maybe I could have just chased him away or even call the cops on him but I thought I had handled the situation very well.

Wow, the bar was really low for me. My mother must have known a few things to say those hurtful things then.

"I don't know about you, girls, but awkward guys are just so mysterious..." Emilia daydreamed and sighed.

Leigh gave me a confused look before turning back to her.

"What is it?"

Emilia gave Leigh a disapproving look as if she found it almost disrespectful that Leigh had dared to ask such a question.

"From my experience," she pressed her palm against her chest. "Socially awkward guys are the best in the sheets."

"Em." I amusingly rolled my eyes.

"Of course, this is the first thing that comes to your mind." Leigh smiled. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Well, sorry for not being afraid to admit that I have a sex life." Emilia leaned her back against the wall behind her. "No shame."

"Just don't get infected." Leigh teased and Emilia threw a pillow at her.

"Anyway, as I was saying..." he adjusted her hair to collect her thoughts. "Last year I met this cute and devilishly handsome guy in AP Chemistry. He was a little behind, so I offered my help to him."

"And you asked a thousand dollars for an hour of tutoring." I finished it for her and she turned to me.

"What's wrong with asking for the price that I deserve?" she played along with a smug smile on her red lips. "After all, I offer my services, time, and nerves to tutor those who don't give a crap about their education and they always realize that only at the last moment. I'm not for free neither my brain."

We laughed together, our voices echoing in the small room between Leigh and me. Lately, I haven't gotten to spend too much time with the girls because of my work and desperation to pay the bills, so it felt heartwarming to have a girl's afternoon after so long.

Moments like this made me realize that despite our weird and hard lives, we always were there for each other and would always help each other. I couldn't imagine living my dysfunctional life without them.

They weren't perfect, neither of us was but that was the reason we clicked together.

We always knew what to expect from each other and would have never humiliated each other for not being people we were expected but not meant to be.

"This guy was really cute and charismatic but he had the social skills of a goddamn rock." Emilia continued with a soft chuckle. "Long story short... We spent a lot of time together and one night when I was helping him learn for our next exam he just lost his cool and started panicking."