41;

"Give me the keys." I insisted after running after him.

His back was facing me as he was searching his pockets for his keys. His hair was messy and he looked like who hasn't slept in days.

The last hour completely broke his heart so much that he started to look physically sick.

"No."

I grabbed his arm, trying to turn him around so that he would face me. Once he dropped his eyes to me, I tried to put on a demanding expression and held my hand out.

"Keys."

He looked at my hand before looking into my eyes again. I already knew what his answer would be but my unconscious wouldn't have left me alone if I didn't try to convince him to not drive.

It was already dangerous for him to get in the car while he has been deadly furious. And now that he was somewhat drunk, it made me act like a worried girlfriend.

"Not going to happen." He said and opened the driver's door.

I took hold of it before he could close it which made him groan.

"Heds, get in the car."

"You can't drive like this," I argued. "Just tell me where you want to go and—"

"You know that you won't convince me." He stubbornly interrupted me.

I was so mad that he dared to risk his life that I dropped my hand. He didn't miss a beat to grab the door and slam it shut.

Just when he started the engine, I realized how serious and chaotic he was and I ran over to the other side of the car, jumping in.

Something told me that if I annoyed him too much, he would eventually leave me here which was the last thing I wanted him to do.

I couldn't leave him alone, especially tonight because he was unpredictable.

I put on my seatbelt while he reversed out of the parking lot with a bored expression.

I didn't want to but I automatically crunched, wishing that he wouldn't crash the car.

When he looked over at me, he noticed my childish reaction and he laughed. But it wasn't the beautiful sound I'd grown to love from him.

It wasn't happy or cloudless.

It was empty and even void.

And I hated how emotionless and numb he could become in only a matter of seconds.

Oswald ruined him and he didn't even care about that anymore. He just wanted to be somewhere but it didn't make him think straight.

"It's not my first time to drive while being drunk, Heds," he said and leaned on his elbow, the streetlights tracing over his cold face.

I glared at him.

"And I should feel better by that?" I snapped, losing my patience.

He shrugged and rubbed his jaw.

"Not specifically." He answered simply. "I just thought that you should know that I'm not going to wreck us."

Chills ran down my spine by his distant and flat tone. I was starting to lose him, I knew that, and it made me close my eyes, hoping that I'd wake up soon from this nightmare.

But nightmares were just as real as dreams. And now Seeley has been embodying one of my worst nightmares.

Losing someone important to you.

"I'd always look out for you." He turned his head to me.

"Eyes on the road," I said dryly.

He rolled his eyes before turning back to the road, probably cussing me out in his head.