05;

The wind caressed my skin and chin so easily that I couldn't help but lean back in my seat and let it all in.

Seeley's car was more comfortable than I had expected it to be. But for starters, I shouldn't have expected anything.

The backseat was covered with comics and notes, giving me the feeling that he has been spending a lot of time in his car lately.

It wouldn't be surprising if he has, most boys I have known were in love with cars and long drives. I never knew what was so exciting about it until now.

The sun was almost blinding me but the sight of it was more than worth it. The road in front of us disappeared into nature as an endless chain of houses blurred around us.

Seeley put on his sunglasses and rested his left arm on the rolled window.

"Should I ask?" he asked after ten minutes of silence.

I lowered the radio and put my sunglasses on top of my head.

"You mean... Should you ask what just happened?" I asked and he gave me a quick glance before turning right.

"Yes."

I crossed my legs and dropped my hands into my lap.

"Don't need to ask," I replied dryly. "My mother just tried to embarrass me and tried to change my mind about going for a holiday that you've been planning for months now. Suddenly, you showed up and since we know that you aren't my mother's favorite, she didn't want to miss a chance to irritate you until you decided to leave me home."

It sounded so raw and ridiculous which only made me more embarrassed since this was how my life has been. My mother threw a tantrum over something, we'd fight then she'd act like I was the piece of shit who ruined her day.

"That sounds... harsh." Seeley didn't know what to say.

"Would you believe it if I told you that this was one of her better days?" I tilted my head to the side and Seeley narrowed his eyes.

"Really?"

"She could have been so much worse," I said without any remorse. I wasn't planning on telling him the worst kind of things she'd said or done but I wanted him to know that he's gotten away quite easily, compared to what could have happened.

Maybe it was just about to get worse when Seeley decided to finish his lovely chat with my mother and stood up from the table.

"I can only imagine." he rubbed his temples.

"Yeah." I looked out the window, my hair flying into my eyes as I faced the wind once again.

"So, what's next?" he asked, staring at the road.

I gave him a questioning glance before asking.

"Next?"

He nodded and rubbed his jaw.

"Yes, I mean after this summer." his eyes met me for a brief second. "You get a job and work as much as you can so that you wouldn't be home?"

That indeed was my plan after this summer. But hearing from Seeley's mouth made it sound childish and desperate.

"Probably." I shrugged. I've gotten used to working over shifts until I was about to collapse so I wouldn't meet my mother for days.

I had been exhausted like hell but I had peace and silence. And if it wasn't the best thing then I didn't know what it had been.

"Until I saved enough money to move away, I don't have much of a choice," I said, trying to sound casual but I didn't succeed.

Which was why he looked at me probably when the light has turned red and he had to stop the car.