25;

My muscles were screaming in denial as I wanted to move my head to protect my eyes from the sun.

I groaned and buried my face in my pillow while I felt like something just hit me. Like a car or maybe a truck.

Probably a truck.

When I tried to move, I felt something heavy on my back. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Seeley's face laying next to mine while our legs were crossed and I was tangled in the blankets.

When I looked around and noticed unfamiliar walls surrounding me, I felt like a lightning just slammed into me.

I was tangled in Seeley Drewitt's blankets.

Jesus Christ. Don't tell me that it happened what I think had happened.

My head was pounding like hell and I could barely move my legs. Not only because Seeley was half laying on me but because my muscles were so sore that I felt pain in those muscles too that I didn't know they existed.

I licked my dry lips, narrowing my eyes because of the sun. The room was fortunately empty but it was not guaranteed that someone had seen me here with him.

I'll never drink alcohol ever again.

Why did I think this whole thing was a good idea?

The night was cloudy and I didn't remember much apart from the necklace Seeley had given me then me leading him into the bathroom to...

Oh, my God.

I wanted to prove my theory wrong but there was no believable explanation for this. Why would I be in bed with him, completely naked?

I softly pushed his arm off which he probably felt because he groaned and turned to his back. I looked at the necklaces on his chest with the names, remembering how mesmerizing I found that tattoo last night.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my messy hair. I didn't need to look in the mirror to know how much of a mess I was.

Seeley Drewitt had this kind of effect on people.

And I couldn't believe that I was so intoxicated that I was more than welcoming to letting him between my legs.

Why did I have to drink so much?

And now I couldn't even act like it didn't happen because it wasn't just a small mistake to move on from.

This was a whole other level of drama.

"Come back to sleep." He whispered as he placed his arm under his head.

When I turned back to him, I saw him watching me with curious eyes. There were dark circles under his eyes.

Something in the soreness of my whole body told me that things weren't done in the bathroom last night.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I shook my head and covered my breasts with the blanket. I knew it was useless because he had already seen me naked but I didn't know what else to do.

I've never had a one-night stand before, especially with an old friend of mine. I knew that it would be an understatement that we didn't need to attach the strings but it still made me feel something.

"After what we had done last night..." His voice trailed off. "Coming back to bed is what freaks you out?"

"No... It's just..." I didn't even find the right words because my brain refused to function correctly.

"You don't need to overthink that for now." He said in a calm tone. "You've got all day for that."

"That's really not helping, Seeley."

He sighed and pushed himself into a sitting position. I didn't want to admit but he looked even more handsome when he just got up. Especially since he was in bed with me.

I still couldn't believe that I gave in just like that.

"What's bothering you?" He asked softly then cleared his voice.

I could get used to waking up him.

Stop it, Heddy! You're not helping yourself.

"That I can't find my clothes..." I murmured while we both knew that it was just an empty excuse.

"I can give you my shirt." He offered and my eyes widened.

"No!" I twisted my head toward him. "That would make it just more obvious."

Walking out of Seeley's room in Seeley's clothes?

It wouldn't be that obvious that something happened, would be?"

"Then you can dance out of the room naked, not my problem." He shrugged and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You have the best possible ideas. Has anybody told you that?"

Seeley chewed on the inside of his cheek while looking away.

"Maybe. A few times."

"Okay, then you can go out for my clothes." I gestured to the door.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why the hell would I do that?" He asked. "I want to sleep."

I gave him an exhausted look before pressing the blanket into my skin even more. I haven't realized how tight I was clenching at the fabric until now.

"Because you owe me that one."

"Owe you?" He echoed.

"Yes!" I whispered harshly. "I got drunk and even fulfilled your long-time wish."

When he started to think back to what happened last night between us, a wide grin made it onto his face.

"I remember some things, yes." He nodded.

"Good for you then." I hissed. "I barely remember anything."

Seeley frowned and dropped his hands into his lap.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, and I'm hungover as shit," I complained in a whiny tone. My headache was killing me and I wanted nothing but to eat painkillers for breakfast until I passed out.

"Well, it's not surprising after how much you had drunk last night." He said.

"You could have stopped me."

"Who would I be to ruin your birthday like that?" He asked with a cheeky grin. "You wanted to get drunk and party, so we all did. And the night ended for me in a really special way which I'm thankful for."

He lowered his tone while he was saying the last sentence which made the hairs stand up on my back.

I didn't like how much his words alone could affect me. Not talking about other things like that magic he could do with his fingers or...

"Just grab my clothes before anyone wakes up."

"What if they are already awake?" He asked while climbing out of bed.

I didn't know why but I turned my head away before I could stare at his naked back. Not that there wasn't anything I hadn't seen already.

I checked the time on his phone while he grabbed his boxers and shorts.

"It's five in the morning," I said and dropped his phone. "Who would be awake that early?"

"The same person who would ask this question." He looked back at me before walking out of the room casually.