06;

"I knew something would happen." Seeley hopped out of the car and slammed the door.

It seemed like everyone has been hit by the vibe of summer. Not only because it was already hot but because this is the longest time when everyone can be together once the school had closed its gates.

The road was full of cars and the town echoed from the sound of the horns.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and followed Seeley.

"Why did we stop?" I asked as he walked around his Honda. "Didn't you tank in the morning?"

"I did." he took his cap off and wiped his sweaty hair.

"Then why aren't we on the road?" I asked. "Ah, the coffee hoves you?"

Seeley gave me a weird look before swapping his baseball cap at me.

"Why are you this..."

"Heartless?" I finished his question with an arched eyebrow and he scoffed.

"Forgetting about those idiots never seemed to be as successful as it is now." he blinked before walking to the entrance of the gas station.

When I realized I wasn't alone, an old man was giving me weird looks about my remark, I hurried over to the station, stepping into the cool shop.

"Can't we just stay here for the summer?" I asked, standing under the air conditioner. There were three people around us, getting their snacks for the trip while the cashier looked like had already bored his brains out.

"What would you say to Leigh?" Seeley asked as he started walking around the shelves.

"That I have a disorder called disgust of hot weather?" I asked and grabbed a bag of chips.

"Seems like something you'd say," he replied and took an energy drink from the fridge.

"Put it back." I pointed at the drink in his hands.

He looked down at it, looking like he hadn't even noticed that it was in his hands.

"Why would I do that?" he asked, confused and surprised.

"Because your heart will jump out?" I asked back. "And I wouldn't want to crash on the first day of my holiday."

"It wouldn't be surprising since we are talking about you." he shrugged. "You've always been cursed."

"Cursed with scouts like you." I gave him a dirty look.

"You are always free to walk to Cannon Beach," he said without any remorse.

"But I'm only looking after you." my voice was bright and convenient.

"I don't remember asking you to look after me." he walked away and my jaw dropped. "I'm pretty sure the cashier would appreciate your concern."

I glanced over my shoulder where the cashier has been glaring out the window while rubbing his temples.

When I turned back to Seeley he was also narrowing his eyes at the cashier who would rather be anywhere but here.

"He doesn't even know where he works, just look at him," I whispered while making a face.

Seeley shrugged me off and walked to the other side of the shop.

"You already have coffee and energy drink flowing in your veins." I jumped in front of him. "Shouldn't you have a healthy lifestyle as an athlete anyway?"

Seeley tilted his head at me with suspicion in his eyes.

"Basketball is just a hobby," he said dryly. "I've had too much time on my hands so I joined the team. But that doesn't mean I have to live like a rabbit."