47;

Everything seemed to stop for a second when I realized that Leigh has been listening to us.

I looked at my best friend who looked crushed and defeated at the same time.

"He..."

Leigh crossed her arms and pulled herself together from the cold.

"Did I hear that right?" She asked in a vulnerable and hurt voice.

I sighed and closed my mouth. I wanted to prove her wrong to buy myself a little time because I still wasn't ready for the confrontation I'd been avoiding for weeks now.

I should have told her when it was only the two of us. She should have heard it straight not by eavesdropping.

When I looked at Seeley, he looked surprised but he didn't look sad or moved by Leigh's hopeless face.

She deserved better than this and I was an asshole for not telling her everything.

"You are joking, right?" She asked, her voice small but hopeful.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly shook my head. I was apologizing with my eyes because I couldn't find my voice.

Leigh lifted her hand to her mouth and many emotions flashed through her face in a matter of seconds.

Pain. Betrayal. Disappointment. Heartbreak.

"You're in love with Heddy?" She asked Seeley who gave me a side glance before nodding.

"I've loved her for years now," Seeley answered.

At least he wasn't cold about it as much as I had expected him to be. After I tried to cut him off when he came for me at the police station, all I could think of was how numb his reaction was when I told him about Leigh's feelings for him.

God, this was such a mess.

"For years?" She asked with wide eyes.

Seeley stepped to the side and waited until Leigh seemed to have the power to control her emotions.

"Yes."

Then she turned to me with tears in her eyes. The look on her face broke my heart in advance.

"And you didn't tell me?" She asked.

I didn't want to say the typical 'I wanted to tell you to answer because even I've heard that enough times.

"It was never the right time."

"There is no right time for this, Heddy!" She said desperately. "You were both laughing at me behind my back, huh?

"No, don't say that, Leigh." I shook my head but she wasn't even listening to me.

"I can't believe this is happening to me." She whispered as she dropped her head.

I could feel her pain, she looked like a lost little girl who had no purpose in her life.

"You let me talk about my feelings for him all the time!" She snapped. "For God's sake, you even gave me advice while you were keeping this from me. What kind of friend does that?"

She was right. I was a horrible friend who couldn't decide which side she was on. It felt like I was with everyone while being their enemy at the same time.

When did I become like this?

If Seeley hadn't convinced me that night at the police station's parking lot after I was arrested, I would have told her right away.

If it weren't for Seeley getting into my head I wouldn't have kept sneaking around behind everyone's backs.

If it weren't for Seeley many things wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't be the bad guy.

Not good for youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें