20;

In the following weeks, almost every day was just the same. I got up, had a girl chat with either Emilia or Leigh while having breakfast, went to work, and spent a lot of time either being disgusted by people or bonded with Marina or Perkyn. Then went home and had a movie night.

Perkyn has become a close friend of mine in a really fast way. I liked how honest and decent he was with me. I could listen to him for hours when he was telling me old stories during lunch break or after work while he was walking me home.

Somehow Perkyn just never ran out of embarrassing or funny stories that he was ready to share with me.

Whenever I was talking about Perkyn or Marina to the girls or Casen specifically – since Austin wasn't very fond of listening to me for a long time –, Seeley had always been giving me side glares while either focusing on his phone or reading a book.

I haven't talked to him since we had come home a little drunk with the girls and showed me his disappointment through different metaphors and words.

It felt like an itch not talking or looking at him. Not that I was mad at him but I didn't have the energy to deal with his mood swings for now.

Whenever we were in the same room, something, more likely an invisible string always wanted to pull me to him. It would have been great to feel his hands on me, to hear his husky voice as he slowly started losing control while my hands would explore his body.

I hated how good-looking he still was because it made it way harder and irritable to not pay attention to him as much.

I wondered if he felt anything while both of us were focusing on our jobs. I'd usually run him in the morning since he has been working an afternoon shift at Voiceless Cobra and I'd usually sleep when he'd come home.

It wasn't avoiding him, right? I was just getting even with his schedule.

And our weird spacing only lasted for a few weeks, until my birthday was just around the corner.

As I was sitting on the terrace at the other side of the house, facing the small garden we've got, drinking my lemonade, I heard someone opening the door and stepping out.

"How can you sit out here? It's at least ninety degrees." Seeley frowned and closed the door behind him.

I glanced up at him from the corner of my eyes, taking a long sip from my drink.

"After a while, I don't even notice the heat anymore," I said, leaning back in my seat. "I'm just enjoying the sounds of nature."

It was true. Listening to the birds around me and hearing the ocean in the distance helped me relax while all my muscles were sore from working.

"How was your first week?" He asked, popping down on the chair seated across from me.

I slowly lowered my sunglasses and gave him a questioning look.

Seeley rubbed his hands together.

"What?" He asked. "I haven't seen you for two weeks, can't I ask you about work and everything that's happened lately?"

I pushed my sunglasses up on my nose and scratched my arms.

"We usually meet in the mornings," I answered, ignoring his previous question.

"Yes, when you run out of the house to get to work." He narrowed his eyes at me. "And I'm always last to come home and everyone's particularly asleep by then."

"It's not my fault that you work from afternoon to evening." I shrugged even though I felt his absence while he was sitting next to me.

I was glad that now that we came to Cannon Beach, he started to get close to me once again but our jobs got in the way and we couldn't see each other.