21;

"Happy birthday, Heddy!" Leigh exclaimed as I walked into the living room.

Leigh and Emilia were in the kitchen cooking something. When the smell of muffins hit me, I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you." I smiled as they gave me a group hug. "What did you cook?"

"Typical, pig." Emilia pushed me away playfully.

"Always think of her stomach first." Leigh rolled her eyes.

"And we allow that." Austin walked into the house with a small bag in his hands. "Happy birthday, girl."

"Thank you." I grinned as he hugged me tightly.

"How old are you again?" He asked after pulling away. "Fifteen?"

"Sixteen now, get your facts straight." I joined his teasing and he put his hand up.

"Sorry, my bad." Austin smiled. "You know I've always been bad with numbers."

"Yes, I can still remember you almost failing right at the end of the year." I laughed and he frowned.

"That's not funny, I was terrified for my life that I had to repeat senior year." Austin lowered his tone.

"I would be too if I'd spend all my year crushing on the secretary instead of doing my homework," Leigh commented and Austin twisted his head at her.

Leigh blew a kiss for him but all Austin did was groan and roll his eyes.

"Why is she here again?" He asked and I felt a familiar buzz run through me.

The close but also teasing friendship between Perkyn and Cornell jumped into my mind after what Austin has just said.

I guess we all were similar to strangers we have never met in a way.

"Because Heddy and Emilia love me." Leigh lifted her jaw and started to play with her hair.

Austin got lost in his thoughts for a second.

"That's two against three."

"I don't even count?" Leigh asked.

"Since you are the subject then definitely no," Austin said and turned back to him.

"Jerk."

Austin ignored Leigh's remark and lifted his hand, showing me the bag in his hands that I'd already seen when he had walked into the house.

"Is it for me?"

He let his hand fall and glared at me.

"No, it's for the neighbor and I just want you to sign it."

"I never knew you could be kind to neighbors." I teased him and he let me take the bag from him.

There was a time last year when Austin had gotten into a fight with his neighbor who was a few years older than us. He hated everything and everyone that lived on their street.

As young as he was, he acted like a retired Karen. He always threatened Austin to call the cops whenever his dog was barking or they were making a BBQ party in the garden.

When he started to complain about Austin's trees' leaves falling into his yard, Austin has had enough and collected all of the fallen leaves in two bags and just threw them onto the man's entrance.

Needless to say that he was furious when he came home and saw that, even called the cops but they didn't do anything since Austin's cousin was an officer back then.

"I am kind to everyone who is not a piece of shit," Austin admitted his deepest secret and I hummed.

"Thoughts so."