Chapter 2: Counting down with you:

~Chapter Song: Over again, One Direction~

It was five in the afternoon when I closed the fantasy book I was reading and sighed.

When I open this book again, I better not read what I think I just read.

I was willing to accept the fact that every single fantasy novel had now some kind of romance added, but the characters of the book not be together for no apparent reason. That I couldn't handle.

If you like each other and you live in the same country (and no one is dead), I see no reason for you to not be together. Absolutely nothing.

The worst thing a writer can do to the characters is to make them like each other at the same time, both of them single and not together, because there are too shy or too scared to admit it to the other person.

I mean come on! Talk. Start dating. Make out. Frankly, I don't care. Just don't sit around waiting for something magical to happen so you can be together.

What's the point of even having a crush, if you don't tell them, you like them?

"Frustrating book?", a voice came from behind me.

Yes, what it showed on TV, was true. Twin telepathy did exist.

My literal half. My twin brother, Harry. Who seemed to know what I was mad about without even having to ask.

"You can't even imagine."

He sat on the grass across me and lifted his head to the sky, enjoying the last moments of sunlight.

You know how everyone has that one person, they know they can count on, no matter what? Either it was a relative, a friend, or someone else. You just knew there was absolutely no chance that you will stop being in each other's lives.

Well, Harry was that person. My person. The one that would always cover for me. That would take my secrets to his grave. Mostly, since he knew I would do the same for him, and I had all the information to get him grounded for years.

Even if we weren't the type of twin that did everything together. We had different interests and different friend circles. He went to music school, which made me wish our parents soundproofed our rooms, but other than that, he wasn't all that bad.

Book lover, like me. A plus because we would buy the same number of books each month, but have double to read. He was also someone, who liked me, could talk about books for hours.

"First day of school tomorrow", I commented.

That day always seem to be bittersweet, and this being our last first day before university, made the situation worse. I didn't know how to feel about it.

"I know."

"Can I come to your school?", I laughed.

When he started music school, I took it pretty hard. It was the first time I wouldn't have my twin with me at school. I used to ask every day for the entire first year if I could go to his school. Only, I had a voice that could kill cats and absolutely no talent for any musical instruments. The music gene started and finished with him.

"At this point, I wish you could."

"Problem in paradise?", I asked knowing exactly what he meant.

"Belle and I had a fight."

Of course, they did.

"Sorry for that", I bitted my lip in a (failed) try to hide my smile.

"No, you are not."