Chapter 20: Pretty Woman:

~Chapter Song:  This Town, Niall Horan~

The next day, I woke up feeling shitty. But not the I kissed my childhood friend-fake boyfriend shitty, actual shitty. Yep! It was that time of the month again and... I was late for school. I also missed the bus, and I definitely wouldn't go with Cameron. Thank God, my mom didn't have school today, so someone could drive me.

As you can see my morning had started up just great.

I got in the car and opened my phone. I had like a hundred messages from Christine and a few from Cameron. Christine's ones went on like this:

CHRISTINE:

I'm sorry

Can we talk?

I should have told you

Told me what? What was she talking about?

CAMERON:

Hey, do you want me to drive you, to school?

I really want to talk about what happened yesterday

I typed 'I'm not sure I want to' but deleted it before I hit send. I wasn't good at serious conversations, especially the ones that involved feelings. I always said the wrong thing and hurt someone, or I just didn't know what to say and how I felt, so I cried for absolutely no reason. Talk about being in touch with your feelings, I know.

I was at school, by the end of the first period. I rushed to class; happy we had Ms. Bell's class in the morning. She wouldn't yell at me for being late and my headache for sure couldn't handle any yelling. I got in, apologized, and sat down.

Cameron was watching my every move closely while I did my best to avoid his gaze.

I opened my notepad and wrote down everything that was on the board. I'm pretty sure Christine called my name at least three times, but I couldn't focus. God, I hated nature and nature hated me.

After some time that seemed like hours, the bell rang. Finally, break. I stood up, slowly. The need to crawl into a cave and stay there to die, growing.

With a lot of effort, I managed to walk outside the class, aiming for the bench.

A small hand grabbed my arm stopping me, and the bench started looking miles and miles away.

I turned around. Christine was standing beside me.

"I'm sorry Winter, I should have told you sooner I know. I'm so sorry." she told me and waitted for my reaction.

"What are you talking about? Sorry for what?"

"About yesterday."

"You mean mystery guy? You finally decided to trust a guy not to hurt you, why would I be mad about that? Although I didn't love that you didn't tell me about it sooner.", I tried to laugh, but quickly regretted it.

"Mystery guy? What do you mean? You think that...", she stopped. She was clearly confused about something, but I was in way too much pain to focus on her expressions.

I put my hands on my waist and leaned a bit forward, trying to ease the pain.

"Are you okay?", she asked

"Yeah, I was in such a rush this morning I forgot to take pain meds for the period pains. Do you have anything?"

She touched my shoulder "No sorry.", she said in her most sympathetic tone.

"It's okay I'll be fine". I let a deep breath out.

When you are sick, people around suddenly start trying to take care of you and I hated that. The feeling of being helpless and needing help but being too stubborn to admit it. So I acted like I was okay even if I wasn't.