Chapter 16: Holidate:

~Chapter Song: One Thing, One Direction~

I hated driving. Hated it.

I tried to follow Cameron's orders, and in theory, I was driving. Except I was horrible at it. I almost crashed twice before we got on the highway. At the moment where I pressed the breaks so fast Ben yelled "Sweet Jesus", I knew I was done. There were no cars on the street, so I got off the car, without listening to anyone's instructions, and opened Cameron's door.

"Out."

He studied me for a while and got out.

"What's wrong?"

"Please drive."

He still had that stupid confused expression on his face, so I continued.

"I don't want to drive. Please do it. I am terrified of driving. Too much power. Too many things could go wrong. I don't want to do it."

He nodded still serious and sat in the driver's seat. And just like that, the chances of dying on my birthday went from most likely to not possible. I called that a success.

After thirteen minutes and forty-six seconds of singing One Direction's greatest hits, we were there. I didn't know what there was, but we were there.

"Okay.", Cameron said and covered my eyes, "Ready or not, here we go, Winnie.". He took my hand and led the way.

A few seconds later, I removed the leather from my eyes. A place that wrote 'Escape', on the front of the door.

"Ready for an escape room?"

"Hell, yeah.", I yelled.

I loved puzzles and mind games, so escape rooms were my favorite activity in town.

To my surprise, we actually made a great team. Everyone was calm and worked together. Everyone except Ben who kept panicking the entire time got out for a toilet break and never came back. He called to us through the speaker, that he found a spot, with a good wi-fi connection and would stay there, until we "get out of the hell-hole". He did not like the idea of being locked in a room. And because Mark could not handle being away from him for a long period of time, he left the room, as well.

This means that because the limit of people in an escape room was three until we figured out how to get out, me, Christine and Cameron were locked in a room together.

What could go wrong?

Everything seemed to be going fine until we managed to open the closet that I thought would be a door. (Spoiler alert: it was not.)

It was actually a simple empty closet, so I and Christine who were too invested in it for our own and Cameron's good yelled at the same time, "What the fork is that?" (That was Christine who doesn't swear in any scenario) and "What the hell are we supposed to do now?" (That was me).

Cameron, who was the calm force in this question, picked a piece of paper from the bottom of the closet.

"It says that somebody has to get in and close the door behind them. Then another passage will open."

He showed us the instructions, which were basically just a picture of a person getting in the closet, and before I could suggest that we shove Cameron inside, Christine pushed me in, "Come on Winter. Take one for the group.".

"Christine I'm not going in there. It's too dark and creepy.", I tried to fight back, but who was I kidding? She was much stronger than me.

And again, without me having any time to prevent it, she pushed Cameron inside saying, "Fine. Then take your boyfriend with.".