Chapter 3: He is all that:

~Chapter Song: Highway to hell~

The sound of 'Highway to Hell' rang in my ears. A brutal way to wake up I know, the most efficient, nevertheless.

I got out of bed and dressed up, a simple pair of jeans and a red T-shirt because deciding on a different outfit every single morning was torture.

I looked at the mirror and signed at the sight of my hair. What a mess.

I had curled, dark brown hair that barely reached my neck. In theory, they were easy to handle, but in the morning, I hated them. Frizzed and impossible to work with.

On the rare days, I had enough energy to fix them, they looked decent, but for a Monday morning, a messy ban was perfectly... okay.

"Good morning.", I heard my mother's voice, in the living room, as I got down the stairs.

"Hello.", I said and started making two coffees.

Coffee was definitely, absolutely, one hundred percent the BEST invention ever created by humankind, and I say that as a member of the robotics club. I'm pretty sure it's the only reason I have energy at school.

Harry appeared next to me the moment I finished making the coffees. I handed him one and he gave me one of the two sandwiches he made. That was our pact. He made toasts and I made coffees.

"First day, huh? Good luck!", my dad came downstairs.

I frowned and looked at Harry, who had a similar expression on his face. Which means we had the exact same thought.

"Thanks.", we both muttered at the same time.

They always said good luck to us on our first day of school, but there was something weird in his tone. Different. As if he was saying 'Good luck! You're going to need it.'.

We were ready to go, so I decided to not read much into it.

Big mistake.

We sat in the car. On the first day of school, my dad drove all of us. It was sort of a tradition. Normally, I took the bus since my school was in the opposite direction from theirs and Harry took his bicycle (God knows why).

Fifteen minutes later, I was standing outside of school, across the gate.

Christine and Ben were sitting on the same bench we sat on every morning for the past two years. I walked to them.

"Morning."

They mumbled good morning and kept staring at something behind me.

"Thanks for the attention."

"Yeah. Yeah. Last first day of school! Seniors! Yoo-hoo. Etcetera, etcetera...", Ben said, lifting his hand in the air. "Don't look now, but the new guy is here. Don't look though, he'll understand we are staring."

Rolling my eyes, I sat down across them. My back on the new guy.

Of course, only gossip would be more important than the last first day of school.

"Okay he is talking to Kylie, you can take a look, but do it fast and for the love of God, please do it settled.", Christine ordered.

I turned my head, in the slowest way possible.

A tall figure with brown hair and blue eyes was talking with some of my classmates.

An "Hell no" left my mouth before I could think about it.

"Hot isn't he?" Ben said, but I chose to ignore him (and how much I wanted to puke).

This was not happening.