Chapter 21: What happens in Vegas:

~Chapter Song: Wake Me Up, Avicii~

The next day I went to school, 3 periods late. I wasn't sick, but I wasn't in the mood to deal with everything from dawn.

We had P.E. which I normally hated, but it meant no Cameron, so no awkward conversation, so... great!

I met Christine at the locker rooms. She was wearing black tights and an oversized hoodie, her hair tied up.

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't come today.". She sat down to fix her shoes.

"No, it's fine, I feel fine.", It still hurt a bit, but I could handle it, "So what are we doing today?"

"Dodgeball."

"Yes.". Dodgeball must be the only sport I was actually good at. Maybe it was the minimal movement or the fact that I got to hit people without getting in trouble, but I freaking loved it.

We got on the field and sat down on one side.

"Hey, sleeping beauty.", Ben appeared in front of us.

"Hey... why sleeping beauty?"

"Because Christine and I both called you yesterday and Cameron answered both calls saying you were asleep. And I called you once again later and he answered again, but that time I had also woken him up."

"What time was that?"

Why didn't I listen to the ringtone? How out of it was I?

"Midnight."

"Ben.", Christine yelled.

"He was at my home until midnight?"

"I don't think so. He texted me at twelve-thirty asking me about the name of the store that has the cookies you like."

"He went to the one that's open twenty-four seven? But that's a twenty-minute ride."

"His girlfriend wasn't feeling well, and he wanted to take care of you. That's what a boyfriend does.", Ben said.

Christine made a face, "Well...".

"Good boyfriends at least."

"Okay guys, let's start.", the gym teacher yelled.

We stood up and gathered close to the rest of the class.

The teacher was yelling out instructions, but I was too busy noticing who was there.

"Ben, why are you here and not on the football field?"

"Our teacher is missing so we are playing dodgeball with you."

And the moment he said it, my eyes found Cameron, his eyes were on me.

The whistle blew and everybody was jumping up and down, avoiding the balls and throwing them at the opponents.

Twenty minutes in, I was the only one left on my team. Christine was yelling 'left', 'right', and 'jump' every time a ball came close to me. The other team was also left with one player. Kylie. I hated her and had a very good reason to.

Let's go back to three years ago. It was summer camp, I was in the robotics club and at the talent show, we were going to show a robot we built that could pick up trash. Kylie had some sort of dance, ready with the dance club.

On the day of the show, I was ready for a friendly competition, but Kylie was clearly in the mood for a fight. When I went to my cabinet to take the robot, I found it completely destroyed. It could never get fixed in time, or ever again, it had to be rebuilt it. Which meant we had nothing to present, and we had to get on stage and tell them that.