Chapter 34: It was always you: Part 1:

~Chapter Song: Let Her Go, Passenger~

Cameron's POV:

I woke up at seven, or better I gave up trying to sleep at seven in the morning and got out of my room.

I checked my face in the mirror. I looked like shit. My hair was all messed up and my eyes looked like I hadn't slept in weeks.

I checked on my baby sister who was still asleep and went downstairs.

It had been three days since the 'breakup', and it still felt like a dream. Or a nightmare.

The only thing I wished for was a quiet morning. But I couldn't even get that, cause my two brothers were already downstairs, having breakfast.

"There he is.", Jack yelled.

"You look like shit.", Brett sided with him.

"Language.", my dad reminded them, not that they heard him. They were too busy eating their cereal and making fun of me as if I didn't have the power to beat the shit out of them.

"Heard you broke up with your girlfriend.", Jack continued.

Middle children were the worse.

"Jack. Be nice."

I poured myself some cereal and to the other end of the table, furthest away from them.

I wasn't in the mood for their bullshit today.

"Look at him.", one brother whispered to the other.

"Why do you look like a kicked puppy?", the other asked me, "It's just a girl."

I scoffed.

Just a girl. Winter is nothing even close to just a girl, and I was trying my hardest not to be sad about it. It was fake anyway, right? Nothing real.

"Stop it right now.", Jack poked the bear again.

Me, I was the bear.

He was always the ballsy one, but if he continued like that, his chances of making it to fourteen would instantly decrease.

God, I sounded like Winnie. Winter, I mean. I couldn't call her Winnie anymore, could I?

"Please tell me you didn't just think about her, and that's why your face changed through fifty shades of sadness.", he continued but didn't wait for me to answer, "Pathetic. Pa. The. Tic. It's just a breakup."

"It's not just a breakup. Exactly how Winter isn't just a girl. Now shut up, Jackson. I am not in the mood for your bullshit."

Both of them stood up and looked at me in shock. I usually handled them in a more elegant way. They never saw me snap at them like that, but I couldn't take it anymore though.

"Winter? She is the girl you broke up with?"

"Damn it.", I passed my hand through my hair. I forgot they didn't know. Nobody told them, 'cause it was too fresh. And in a way, they were right not to.

"You were dating Winter Santiago? The Winter Santiago? Mathew and Monica's daughter, Winter? Harry's sis-"

I couldn't take this anymore. I stopped him, "Yes. That Winter."

"Shit. Are we never going to see Harry again?", Brett jumped in.

Of course, that was their first concern. My brothers were dicks.

"Of course, you will, honey.", my mom joined the conversation.

"It's going to be so weird now."

I wasn't going to stay there and listen to him cry about the end of my relationship. Fake relationship.