Chapter 17: Love Hypothesis:

~Chapter Song: Can't Help Falling in Love, Elvis Presley~

~~~

A/N:

Hey guys, before you read this make sure you've read all the other chapters because when I double update, some people accidentally skip chapters.

~~~

Not even two hours had passed from the party, and Cameron was face timing me. I swapped up and his face filled the frame of my phone.

"Hey. What's my fake boyfriend doing?" I was lying on my bed, reading the book he got me.

I still can't believe he got me the first edition of my favorite book as a kid.

"What are you doing?", he frowned.

I raised the book and showed it to the camera. He looked at me like I was an alien from outer space trying to make casual conversation, about the weather. Why is it so weird that a teenager reads, nowadays? I was bored, had way too much free time and a big library. Seemed like the perfect solution.

"Reading a book. May I help you with something?", I said and copied his one million dollar smile.

"Why aren't you studying? We have a test tomorrow."

Did we? Oh, that's right!

"Yeah, but it's on coding", I said. Again, with the alien look, "You don't study. You just go there and pray you didn't leave a semicolon behind."

"What are you talking about? I've been studying for two hours, and I don't understand shit.", he threw a book in the air.

Yeah, our teacher wasn't great, but it's coding, how hard could it be? I studied him for a second. His eyebrows were raised, and his eyes were filled with panic. It was no time for teasing. He needed a friend.

"Fine, just come over to my place and I'll help you study."

"Thank you. Be there in five.", he closed the call.

Five minutes later he was outside ringing the bell.

I opened the door.

"Help me", was the first thing he told me. He looked tensed, way too stressed for just a test. He was wearing a grey hoodie and black shorts. Not the baseball hat though, he only wore that to school to annoy me.

"Hey, it's okay relaxed, I'm here.", that seemed to relax him a bit. That's what he needed, the reassurance that everything will be okay. "Take a seat.", he followed my directions and laid his books at the dinner table.

"Do you want some hot chocolate?", again that frown, "Chocolate is good for the brain."

"Sure." he left a sharp laugh. Finally, that laugh. It started to sound like the best sound in the world. Rare. At least the pure one. It was a piece of Cameron, that not a lot of people saw. And I liked that I was able to bring it to the surface.

I made two hot chocolates and sat down across from him.

"Where is the fam?", he asked me, while taking the chocolate from my hand.

"My dad is teaching, and my mom is at the gym. Harry is... somewhere. Doing, God-knows-what."

He nodded and took a sip of his drink. He spat it, back in the cup, imminently.

"How much sugar, did you put in this?"

I might be a bad cook, but not that bad, that I didn't know how to make hot cocoa. I tried it.