Chapter 5: Fix her up:

~Song Chapter: Golden, Harry Styles~

"We decided that you and Cameron will be in love, by the end of the year.", Christine said to me. That's it! Not even a hello. Straight to the point. "Winter Diaz. It has a nice ring on it, doesn't it?"

I went to school that morning, and sat across from my friends, with a coffee on hand, thinking I could avoid any Cameron-related topics. But... nope.

I did manage to leave the house before Cameron came to pick me up and walked to the bus stop, which meant I haven't seen his annoyingly, perfect face of his yet. Therefore, my day was pretty good by that point.

Ben nodded, agreeing with her conclusion.

"Seriously, let it go. You saw it yourselves; we barely manage to be in the same room together, without killing each other.", I gave it a final try.

"No, you looked like that. He was fine with everything. More than fine actually.", Ben said, straightening his glasses.

"Who was fine with everything?", a voice, behind Ben, asked.

I jumped on my seat. I swear, he was like those monsters who appeared every time someone called their name.

"No one", Ben said, in such a fast way, that it was clear he was lying. Turns out I wasn't the only bad liar in the group.

I turn to Cameron. He was holding three cups, from the coffee place across the street.

My wonderful, no-Cameron morning, was being shattered to pieces.

"Oh, okay. Morning everybody."

Again, with the polite thing.

"Oh hi", I put on a fake smile, "How are you? And why are you here? Shouldn't you be out on the streets, drinking blood from the pedestrians or whatever you usually do in your free time?"

"Winter.", Christine hissed.

"What?", I asked her, at the same moment Cameron answered, 

"You know, I normally would, but I decided to try something different this morning. Blood was bad for my digestion."

I threw him some daggers with my eyes, while he sat next to me.

"Hi", he looked at me and gave me that stupid smile again.

"Hello", Christine said flashing her eyelashes.

Oh, I knew that look. She was going to say either something either completely embarrassing, completely insane, or both. The biggest possibility is both.

"That's a nice hoodie, Winter. Don't you think Cameron?"

I frowned, glancing at my hoodie. It was a simple black hoodie that had 'Seniors 2005' written on the back. Every senior had it.

This was a trap.

I took a sip of my coffee, watching everyone carefully. Ben was already holding his laughter, proving me right. They really did call each other to rehearse what they would say the next day.

Cameron had a similar frown, "Um, I guess. Yeah."

"Well, I think...", Ben said, "It would look even better on your bedroom's floor."

I choked on the coffee, while Cameron's blood drained from his face.

"Are you hitting on Winter,", he pointed at me, "for me?", he pointed at himself.

"Yep.", Ben answered.

Christine had a huge smile and the this-is-just-the-beginning face.

Spoiler alert: That wasn't the only trick in their pocket.