Chapter 32: The Perfect Date: Part 2:

~Chapter Song: Olivia, One Direction~

"Again?"

Fuck my life. My luckiness had reached a new level of low.

The door opened, and outside was Cameron's mum, his dad, my mum, my dad, and David's parents.

Yep, the whole fam. Everyone. Standing in front of me. Jaws dropped; eyes wide open.

Thank God, for Cameron, unnatural tall height because the shirt covered everything it should.

Let's just take a moment to consider what picture they were seeing.

There was Cameron -shirtless- and me -with no pants on, and Cameron's T-shirt. And we were also kissing.

So the parents opened the door of their house -or friends' house- and found their son -and boy they knew forever- making out with the girl they knew forever -and daughter- none of them being fully clothed.

Well shit.

"Cameron.", Cameron's mom said.

"And Winter.", my mom said, "With no pants on.".

"Is that Cameron's T-shirt?", his dad asked.

And what did my dump-ass brain think of saying?

"It's not what it looks like."

And at the exact same time, what did my idiot fake boyfriend think of saying?

"It's not what it looks like."

It's not what it looks like? This is the only thing people say that's the opposite. The thing you say, when it's precisely what it looks like. And we both said it.

Turns out we were similar in more ways than one.

I took the jeans from the floor, while Cameron got in front of me, facing our parents, while he wore his T-shirt.

I wore the jeans and then tapped his shoulder, so we would get out of the way.

"So,", I started, "I spilled coffee all over my dress and..."

"I gave her my T-shirt to wear, until I found some of my mum's clothes for her. As for..."

"The kissing. That was just..."

"Nothing. Now we are late, so-"

"We are going to go."

I said a bye and got in the car with Cameron. He did too, but he didn't start it. We stayed there in silence for a minute, looking to the void and then we burst out laughing.

"Oh shit. I can't believe these things are actually happening to us.", I said under the laughter.

"It's like a very cheesy rom-com.", he commented

"Or a very cringe romance novel.", I offered, still laughing, "Well, I don't have the shirt, so I guess the extra-large Metallica T-shirt is the only choice. Unless I go out there in my underwear.". I tied the end of the shirt.

"Hey, come on, it's not extra-large. It's barely large."

"Oh, who are you messing with? Aren't you like six feet two?"

He tried to hide his smile, "Six feet three."

"Are you messing with me? So, you are telling me that you're more than a foot taller than me? I'm not that short."

"You are five foot two?"

"Just five feet, not even a two."

"What? How is the weather down there?"