Chapter 10: The Spanish love deception:

~Chapter Song: Golden, Harry Styles~

Half an hour later, I was home in my room planning the scheme. Thinking about possible scenarios that might happen, during those two months. We also had to make a story about how we got together, and it had to be as believable as possible.

I might have escaped Ben and Christine's interrogation because we had different lessons that day, but I wouldn't be able to keep it up forever.

I opened my notepad and grabbed a pen. I would treat this like I would a school project. It would be research and ideas. Every possible scenario went through my head. I wrote everything down.

The tiny squeak was heard. A sound I've heard a million times before in my life. Mine and Harry's indoor window.

I closed the notebook as fast as I could.

When our parents were trying to find a house to buy, since the apartment wouldn't be big enough for two kids, they stumbled across our house, which had two bedrooms connected through a small window. They saw it and said, 'this is it'. The perfect house to raise twins.

So, through the years, even when one of us was grounded, we were always allowed on each other's doors. When the other needed us, that little window was the solution to all our problems.

I turned around, watching Harry fighting to fit in the window. He was holding a plate with a bunch of fruit in one hand and used the other to push himself into the room. After exercising like a maniac for the past year, he could barely fit.

"We really have to find a way to make the window bigger."

I laughed a bit, "Hey I fit in just fine, it's your fat ass that can't get through."

"Watch' a-doin'?"

"Building a particle accelerator. What does it look like I'm doing?"

He frowned. He was the musician, and I was the smart one, so he never really understood my science references.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Forgot you were dump."

"Hey", he protested, "Nice way to talk to the person currently holding your food."

"That's for me?"

He nodded and handed me the plate.

I thanked him and took the fruits.

"So what are you hiding?", Harry said from behind me.

I hadn't told him about Cameron and I's the little plan because he would most likely make fun of me and call me an idiot for thinking it would work, but I was planning on doing so soon enough. He knows better than anyone how much Cameron could get under my skin. One of the reasons I would never hide it from him too. He could know right away I was lying.

He went in front of my library and searched for books he hasn't read yet. He reached my newest additions, fake dating books, and picked up 'The Spanish Love Deception'.

"Really? Fake dating? Aren't this a bit... unrealistic?"

I couldn't help but laugh. Unrealistic. You bet?

"On that note and because you will sooner or later find out about this, remember how my friends teased me about dating David or Cameron?"

"If by that you mean do I remember you coming back from your nights out with them, screaming to my ear about how you are friends are demons in human skin, then yes I do. Why?"

When I didn't answer anything, his eyes widen, "Oh God, are you dating one of them?"

"Not... per se."

"What are you talking about? You are either dating one of them or not. Who is it? It's Cameron, isn't it? He came to your school, and you realized how you are both secretly in love with each other."

"No, no, no. I am not dating Cameron. Not exactly."

He was ready to ask what the hell I meant -I could see it from his face- so I pointed at the book in his hand.

His eyes traveled from me to the book and back to me over and over again and then he burst out laughing.

"There is nothing funny about this.", I said trying to make him take what was happening seriously. Why was I the only one who thought this wasn't funny?

"You are telling me that you are going to fake date Cameron Diaz, so your friends will stop trying to convince you to date?"

I nodded and before he could make fun of me, I explained everything to him.

By the end, he was back to laughing uncontrollably.

"I don't get it. Why is this so laughable?"

He tried to take a breath, but the laughter made it harder. He was red like a tomato and tears were running down his eyes.

"Really? It's not that funny."

"Trust me. It is.", he wiped his tears and glanced at the bookshelf. "So, all this-", he pointed at my new books, "-are for research"

I nodded.

"You have to know how this is going to end."

"No, it won't end like that.", I responded knowing what he meant.

"Oh, come on. It's fake dating, of course, you will fall for each other. You have the books. You are naïve, but not that much."

"No, it won't."

"How can you be so certain?"

"Because I... because I made him promise."

"You made him promise not to... what? Not to fall in love with you?"

I nodded.

"Maybe you are that naïve."

"He won't break the promise."

"Oh, Winter. Some promises are meant to be broken."

No, they aren't, I wanted to say. Promises are to keep. No promise is meant to be broken. Then it wouldn't be a promise in the first place. But I didn't. I didn't say anything. I just stayed there, watching the fake dating books. Those were books. They didn't reflect reality. Right? Not even close actually. No, of course not. Life is more complicated than books and movies. Yeah, it was.

I was confident. Date for a month or two and then break up. It was simple, right? It didn't have to end up to love. It didn't have to end up a mess.

This could work.

We could make this work.

This is going to work.

~~~

A/N:

This is a double update so keep reading😜

~~~