Chapter 15: Royally rearranged:

~Chapter Song: Happy Birthday Song~ (A/N: Because, why not?😂)

I woke up and it was a normal morning.

Only if I knew.

No, I was not about to get murdered or get some life-changing news, but I did wake up thinking it was a normal morning. And then boom! It's my birthday.

Oh yes, the blessed day where seventeen years ago this wonderful creature, called Winter was born. And Harry, but that was just a buy one take one for free deal, it doesn't matter.

There is something about birthday days that makes the day a lot more... magical for people. Which I don't get.

The whole point of birthdays made as much sense as the point of celebrating New Year's Eve. Zero. It's like we are saying, "Congratulations you managed to keep living another full rotation of the earth from the day you were born, now have some cake."

At least there was cake.

I put a gigantic hoodie on top of my pajamas, made what was supposed to be a messy bun but turned into the Piza Tower, and walked downstairs.

My parents would be sitting at the table with a bunch of coffee. A birthday cake in front of them. Probably something with a princess on it, because when I was a kid I asked them for a different princess cake every year until I die, which earned me forever teasing, and a Disney priciness birthday cake. Every. Single. Year.

My brother would be asleep or working with his guitar. He had the same birthday hypothesis as me.

I walked down the stairs. As expected, there was my mom, dad, brother... Christine, and Ben? That was new.

"Happy Birthday.", they yelled. Christine ran to hug me, Ben beside her.

"Thank you.", I managed to say before Christine's arms wrapped around my neck.

"Okay, Christine. That's enough. You are suffocating her and we don't want her dead.", Ben said and pulled her away, "Yet.". He gave me a funny face and hugged me, "Although I have a feeling, she will want us dead in a few hours."

"Very funny. What does that mean? And what are you doing here?"

"It was Cameron's idea. Since we don't have school, he thought you could have a little surprise party.", my mum said, waiting in line to hug me.

"Oh. Is he here?". My mouth rushed to ask before my brain could explain all the reasons that would be a bad idea.

"He went... somewhere. To do ...something. I don't know.", Ben said, "I stopped hearing after the 'Ben, I will go to...'."

I laughed. That was the most Ben thing to do.

The bell rang and once again I felt the urge to kill Christine, because she threw his hands in the air and screamed, "Your boyfriend is here.".

I froze. She shrugged when she realized what she did. Too late, for that.

Cameron had told them we haven't said anything to our parents yet, which she just now realized.

Harry was struggling to not laugh and Ben rushed to open the door, while I was avoiding everyone's stare.

"Your what?", my dad had screamed, in that very high-pitched voice on his when he got all panicky.

You know the kind of dad who was cleaning his musket in front of his daughter's middle school prom date. Well, that was my dad.

Of course, it was Ben, and my dad had soon after learned that he was gay, and we only went as friends, but it was enough to scar Ben for a lifetime. Took him a year to come to my house again.

The Perfect Promiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें