Chapter 30: The Wedding Date: Part 2:

~Chapter Song: Someone To You, BANNERS~

Thanksgiving had officially come to an end. At least for me and the youngest kids, cause the adults were still going strong.

My batteries had run out. I was sitting on the couch, my head on a cushion, trying not to fall asleep. Harry was on the other couch, in a similar state.

Cameron and David were standing up -I'm really not sure how they had the energy to do so- chatting about... football? Sports? I don't know. Something.

My eyelashes were becoming heavier and heavier, and I had no energy to resist staring. Which I understood I was doing when Harry said, "Take a picture, it will last longer.".

But I couldn't stop.

"He is  very hot, don't get me wrong."

I snorted.

"What?", he asked.

"You find everybody hot."

"Doesn't make it any less true."

He was right.

When had Cameron turned so handsome? Had I just not noticed it before or did he drastically turn like that the past two months?

He has always just been there. In every moment of my life. But watching him, half-smiling, and laughing with people he was comfortable with. People he was himself when he was with.

Cameron was a person I saw through the family filter. He was locked in a little box in my head, in the Never-Ever-Land. When we started meeting without families, that box had gotten opened.

He met my eyes; his smile growing bigger when he realized I was staring at him.

He said something to the others and approached me.

"You wanna go?"

I nodded but didn't move. I had no power to do so.

Was it possible to feel like a pile of melted cheese? Because I'm pretty sure that was the most accurate description.

He took my hands and pulled me to my feet.

"Come on, sleepy head."

He wrapped an arm around me, to guide me and I hold onto him.

I groaned but walked towards the door. Harry walked next to me, moments later.

Cameron told our parents about something (probably us leaving), but it just sounded like mumbled noises to me. Then our parents turned to us, and my mom said, "Goodnight kids have fun.", and Cameron's mom said, "Not too much fun."

My dad high-pitch yelled something like "What?", but it was more similar to a scream.

I just opened the door, shaking my head.

Cameron came next to me, and Harry, who had magically woken up, like somebody had injected him with twenty litters of coffee, opened the distance between us, wrapping an arm around each of us.

"When it's the wedding date?"

*Tim Skip to next morning:*

I was late for school. Again.

It had started becoming something of a habit, but this time it was on purpose. Me avoiding Cameron. Which was also becoming a habit.

I didn't know what to think -how to feel- so I just, avoided my problems.

Healthy I know.

I got in, we had lit with Ms. Bell, which, even though I wasn't very good at it, turned out to be one of my favorites.