Chapter 31: The Perfect Date: Part 1:

~Chapter Song: Kiss Me, Ed Sheeran~

I was in Cameron's car, right after school. He would drive me home, so I could get ready, then my parents would take me to his place. And then we would have the breakup.

Our big.Public. Breakup.

We had everything planned to the last second.

He would yell some things I would yell some more back, maybe slap him (we are still battling about that), and officially end our fake dating agreement.

Then we would go to his place, to tell his parents, then mine to do the same thing, and we would finish with the lies.

Everything would be over.

"You are not slapping me.", Cameron laughed.

"Why not? I won't give all my power to it. A fake slap, you'll barely feel it."

"Yeah, because that's going to be believable."

"I can use full force, I just said it to convince you."

He snorted.

"Come on. Please."

"You are not slapping me, Winter."

"What if I kick you?"

"No."

"Punch you?"

"No. Nothing that could give me permanent physical damage."

"Your faith in my abilities moves me, truly."

"Hey. You have a strong kick."

"Not a punch though."

"True, but still-"

"So let me slap you."

"Nooo.", he laughed again.

I had known I wouldn't punch him, from the first time he said no, but fighting with him was so fun, that I couldn't resist.

"By the way, do you want to-", he started but didn't finish.

He took a turn when a car came speeding our way.

He swerved to avoid it, losing control of the car for a few seconds. I grabbed the seatbelt holding it tight. He turned the wheel the opposite way trying to regain control and pressed the brakes. Our bodies hit on the seat belt, and his arm found my right shoulder, holding me steady.

When the car stopped completely, he shifted on the seat and placed both hands on my shoulders moving up and down as if he was checking if I was hurt anywhere. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?", he moved a hand on my cheek, "Did... Did the seatbelt-"

"Cameron.", I put my palms on his cheeks, "I'm okay."

"You are... you are okay.", he repeated.

I took one of his hands and placed it above my heart.

"I'm okay."

His hand holding my collarbone, he left a sign of relief.

I pulled him in for a hug, feeling his heartbeat slowly going back to normal.

"You are okay.", he whispered.

He turned back to face the wheel, his fingers slowly wrapping around it; his hands shaking.

He blew a deep breath but didn't make any movements to start the car.

"Get out."

"What?"