Chapter 14: Things we never got over:

~Chapter Song: Scars to your beautiful, Alessia Cara~

So, turns out, my twin had finally found a way to be useful. Harry had a microphone, and a speaker, because of his band, but completely slipped my mind before Cameron pointed it out. Cameron called him, and he would be here in ten minutes since he was at band practice, and they could drop him off, so that was solved.

We were almost running out, of food to sell -which was bad- we needed something to keep the crowd occupied, so we started the show of the robots. It was more like a workshop, each of the members took their own table and showed a robot we made the last year. The crowd would walk from place to place, to see all of them and ask questions if they wanted to. It was simple stuff, robots that did line following or had movement sensors, all of them charged from the sunlight.

"He is here.", Cameron said, after checking his phone. He was next to me for the past ten minutes watching the robot I was in charge of.

I gave the signal to the other members to start wrapping up and proceed to the theatre. Or that was what our school called it. It was just a ramp from rock, that was meant for speakers to stand there and talk, while the students pretended to listen to them.

Harry was already there, placing the speaker and the microphone on the stand.

"Thank you so much. You are a lifesaver.", I said to him, "Just show me what the necessary buttons do, and -I'm not trying to be mean here, don't take it the wrong way- but leave.". I was terrified he would accidentally let something slip out that would blow mine and Cameron's act in the air.

"I want something in return first. I want to sing a few of my songs."

I groaned. Couldn't he make me just one simple favor without anything in return?

"Oh, fine, my unbelievably annoying twin. You can sing one song, and if you are any good -which I doubt- you can sing a few more after the presentation of the investor."

"With my band.", he pointed at where his entire band was standing, clearly waiting for my answer.

"Fine."

"Deal."

He explained to me how to open and close the equipment, and I got on the stand with the mic. He placed his guitar down and got it off its case.

Okay, here goes nothing.

"Hey everyone, thank you for being here. Please take a seat, so we can begin.", I waited a minute, do everyone find a place to sit and took a deep breath. "Hello again, I'm Winter the president of the robotics club. I want to give a special thanks to everyone's friends and family for being here and of course, our amazing businesswomen and businessmen that came to support us. Now, I have a special treat for you. Our future funder Mr. Wetherbee, CEO of TechNet is going to present to us his upcoming project but before that, I present to you my twin brother Harry Santiago and his band, who will sing for us one of their very own songs."

From what I knew from the times I heard him sing in the bathroom, he wasn't terrible. I could only keep my fingers crossed he knew what he was doing.

I walked down the stage, giving a mental high five to myself for thinking all of those things to say without stamping on my words. I really expected my tongue to start doing loops.

I went to the first line of chairs, to the place where there was supposed to be a chair with my name on it, but there was no chair. There was literally a missing chair on the line.

I looked up trying to find the evil creature; Nick was sitting a few sits next to where I was standing, with a cruel smile on his face, he mouthed "Problem?", and focused back on Harry. There I was. Left standing in front of everyone. I hoped everyone paid attention to the song and not my existence.